Master Game on YouTube.

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
PeterTurland

Re: Master Game on YouTube.

Post by PeterTurland » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:27 pm

PeterFarr wrote:
PeterTurland wrote:you will think I'm talking rubbish.
Correct. Though please stop telling me I hold views that I actually don't. I am not a rabid free marketeer, for example.
You have me at a disadvantage, I told the forum what I used to do for a living, you have not told the forum, what you did/do for a living, I would guess you did not (/do for a living), empty dustbins to earn a crust?

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Carl Hibbard wrote:I purchased both DVD from Amazon mainly due to fond memories of the original so lets see as they are on their way.
Watch the first half of series 6 and loved it although hard to believe Nigel was ever that young!
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Dave Ewart

Post by Dave Ewart » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:57 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:
Carl Hibbard wrote:I purchased both DVD from Amazon mainly due to fond memories of the original so lets see as they are on their way.
Watch the first half of series 6 and loved it although hard to believe Nigel was ever that young!
I have that problem, but in the opposite direction!

I watched Nigel play that Master Game series when he was about 15 and I was about 10. It hugely encouraged me to play chess: he was beating the "grown-up" grandmasters and I was at a club with few kids, playing (and beating!) the grown-ups too :-)

In my mind, he's still that age, even when I see him today ;-)

Jon Mahony

Post by Jon Mahony » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Do we have an update on when further series of the Master game will be out? When they put out 6 & 7 I thought great they will release two DVDs a year until they are all out, but its been well over that now and all seems quiet on the western front. I too now know the series 6 & 7 games and commentary by heart :lol:

What is even worse, the snippets of earlier series you can find online have all since been removed from Youtube, presumably not to interfere with DVD sales.

I wonder if sales wern't good enough (prices were / are quite high) and that's going to be that :(
"When you see a good move, look for a better one!" - Lasker

Clive Blackburn

Re: The Master Game

Post by Clive Blackburn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Stewart Reuben wrote: I am interested in somethig technical. Digital chessboards did not exist in this country until 1986 when David Levy and Kevin O'Connell when they started Intelli9gent Chess Software. Do you know how the Master Game system worked?
Stewart Reuben
Stewart the method is explained in this article:-

http://en.chessbase.com/post/looking-ba ... s-later/10

Clive Blackburn

Post by Clive Blackburn » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:00 am

I did happen to see your reply Stewart, thank you.

For some reason though it had been transferred to this topic http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... nd#p155156 on the grounds that it had nothing to do with the Master Game!