Greece debt crisis

A section to discuss matters not related to Chess in particular.
NickFaulks

Re: Greece debt crisis

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Matt Mackenzie wrote:Produce some examples of their "genocidal fascism", then.

And I am somebody who, like Jack, is very pleased that Greece voted "No".
That is easy to do, but it has already been shown that any such post would immediately be removed from this forum. That is all I wanted to prove.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

E Michael White

Post by E Michael White » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 pm

NickFaulks wrote: but what is wrong with my grammar?
I think here..
Mike Truran wrote:But at least Jack has a basic grasp of grammar.
... that Mike meant syntax rather than grammar!

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:29 pm

E Michael White wrote:
NickFaulks wrote: but what is wrong with my grammar?
I think here..
Mike Truran wrote:But at least Jack has a basic grasp of grammar.
... that Mike meant syntax rather than grammar!
still don't get it.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:40 pm

NickFaulks wrote:

That is easy to do
Wibble :)
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:43 pm

sorry,wibble?

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Matt Mackenzie wrote:
NickFaulks wrote:

That is easy to do
Wibble :)
My earlier post on this topic was removed because it was not in accordance with Jack Rudd's own political opinions. If it is reinstated I shall be happy to provide further substantiation.

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:50 pm

I can't "reinstate" a deleted post. The forum software does not have that facility.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:54 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:I can't "reinstate" a deleted post. The forum software does not have that facility.
You've got your bases covered, then.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:55 pm

I too did not see the posts which have been removed.

However, if they compared the current leaders of the EU to the Nazi regime, then I find that extremely distasteful.

I also find it distasteful to describe the EU leaders as terrorists, but that is a description of them made by the Greek government.

For that reason I am highly doubtful whether the posts should have been removed.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 pm

Jack doesn't like Godwin violations. Can''t say I blame him. No idea what Nick said, but reading the runes here, it sounds like it may have been just that - a Godwin violation (or if racist, a variant). Best walk the dog, everyone

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:06 pm

David Robertson wrote:Jack doesn't like Godwin violations. Can''t say I blame him. No idea what Nick said, but reading the runes here, it sounds like it may have been just that - a Godwin violation (or if racist, a variant). Best walk the dog, everyone
I regard Wolfgang Schauble as Heinrich Himmler without the redeeming features. I realise this view, while understandably held by a majority of the population of Greece, may get me banned for life from the polite circles of this forum. Sorry.

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:15 pm

NickFaulks wrote:I regard Wolfgang Schauble as Heinrich Himmler without the redeeming features
Now that's a terrible thing to say. If you'd read Peter Longerich's biography of Himmler, as I did last year, you would never make such an odious and intemperate comparison. Whatever Wolfgang Schauble may be, or has done, he is not remotely to be compared with Himmler

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:18 pm

This is not Downtown Abbey it's a real Game of Thrones.

The subject itself is a minefield and likely to blow us all up.

Some Greeks have made strong anti-German comments in the media, too.

The Greek neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn have been removed from the picture by accusations and arrests.

Some Greeks have accused Syriza of wanting to cut a deal with the EU in the interests of Greek capitalists not the Greek people.

It's far from simple and I just heard one pundit describe the 'No' result as a victory for extremism - of the left and right!?

Calm down, folks, and wait for the next episode - that's a summit of Eurozone leaders on Tuesday.

We're sidelined, for the moment.
Last edited by John McKenna on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:19 pm

David Sedgwick wrote:
However, if they compared the current leaders of the EU to the Nazi regime, then I find that extremely distasteful.
I genuinely do not know which group should be insulted. They are indistinguishable, aside from the details of what they can get away with.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:21 pm

NickFaulks wrote:I regard Wolfgang Schauble as Heinrich Himmler without the redeeming features. I realise this view, while understandably held by a majority of the population of Greece, may get me banned for life from the polite circles of this forum. Sorry.
It might even get you expelled from UKIP.