ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Nick Grey

ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Post by Nick Grey » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:18 pm

My coming out of retirement for football tomorrow is not happening. Opposition not got enough players - lots of calls to let them know, cancel the ref & will now have to go to a meeting soon. Hopefully will be given the cash for the pitch where there is nil chance of a replacement. Opposition lose 3 points plus fines likely to be in excess of £100. Not a call that ought to come on a Fri night.

No live chess in my plan this w/e.

So is the live coverage of the meeting, elections, etc happening? Where? :lol:

Mike Truran

Re: ELECTIONS AGM LIVE Coverage

Post by Mike Truran » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:43 pm

See reply in the other place.

Isn't this need to double post somewhat tiresome when just one forum would suffice? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Mike Truran wrote:See reply in the other place.

Isn't this need to double post somewhat tiresome when just one forum would suffice? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
No s**t.
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:16 pm

I'm meeting one of the participants before the meeting tomorrow and he has suggested that I go along to the meeting with him. Will they let me in?
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

John Philpott

Post by John Philpott » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:10 pm

Nick Faulks wrote
I'm meeting one of the participants before the meeting tomorrow and he has suggested that I go along to the meeting with him. Will they let me in?
Individuals who are not voting members of Council can only attend the meeting with the permission of the Chairman of the Meeting. Such permission is normally sought in advance.

Brian Towers

Post by Brian Towers » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:27 pm

John Philpott wrote:Nick Faulks wrote
Individuals who are not voting members of Council can only attend the meeting with the permission of the Chairman of the Meeting. Such permission is normally sought in advance.
Surely the participant can just say that Nick is his "Strategic Advisor"?
Isn't there a precedent for that?
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:45 pm

Apologies for my ignorance, but who is the Chairman of the Meeting?
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:49 pm

NickFaulks wrote:Apologies for my ignorance, but who is the Chairman of the Meeting?
The agenda says the Board will recommend the appointment of Julian Clissold as Chairman for the meeting.

NickFaulks

Post by NickFaulks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Thanks, I shall not trouble him at this time of night but shall see what happens when I arrive at the door.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:26 am

FWIW (not that much in light of the authoritative reply above), I asked this question back in 2011:

http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 349#p68951

The "Can any member attend to observe?" bit (ignore the CJ bits of that thread). I found out then that you have to be listed on the voting register as a voting member (or holding a proxy) in order to vote. I arranged this myself back then (and attended the 2011 AGM where Phil Ehr was elected to the Board - my email suggests I considered the same for 2013, but I am not sure if I attended in the end or not). I have arranged in advance to attend the meeting later today, but this does need to be done in advance (it is usually not difficult to find someone willing to give you a proxy vote).

Stewart Reuben did say later on back in 2011: "I have long held that observers, giving adeqauate notice and provided there is space, should be allowed to attend the general meeting of the ECF. This is just as they were allowed to do so in the days of the BCF."

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Big turnout today
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well

John Reyes

Post by John Reyes » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm sitting near rj haddrell and already he has ask to repeat stuff twice!
Any postings on here represent my personal views only and also Dyslexia as well

John Philpott

Post by John Philpott » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Published on elections thread, but this really belongs here.

We are now underway and have made reasonably quick process through the early items.

Julian Clissold confirmed as Chairman
Andrew Leadbetter and John Wickham appointed as tellers
Additional apologies from Marc Shaw and the PIF trustees
Minutes approved without amendment
Procedural Motion from Neville Belinfante to move items 16 (Communications), 17 (Strategy) and 18 (Register of interests) up the agenda so that these are considered prior to elections.

Now onto the Chief Executive's report.

Nick Grey

Post by Nick Grey » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks John.

Matthew Carr

Post by Matthew Carr » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:36 pm

John Philpott wrote:Published on elections thread, but this really belongs here.

We are now underway and have made reasonably quick process through the early items.

Julian Clissold confirmed as Chairman
Andrew Leadbetter and John Wickham appointed as tellers
Additional apologies from Marc Shaw and the PIF trustees
Minutes approved without amendment
Procedural Motion from Neville Belinfante to move items 16 (Communications), 17 (Strategy) and 18 (Register of interests) up the agenda so that these are considered prior to elections.

Now onto the Chief Executive's report.
Thank you John, keep up the good work, look forward to hearing more about the meeting.