Appreciate that when things go wrong, they go badly wrong.
k
panic. Get tactical. Offer a draw.IM Jack Rudd wrote:It doesn't have much going for it except the traps, though, does it? If I just develop naturally, what is your plan?
That’s an improvement on Hou Yifan's, at least.Kevin O'Rourke wrote:panic. Get tactical. Offer a draw.IM Jack Rudd wrote:It doesn't have much going for it except the traps, though, does it? If I just develop naturally, what is your plan?
I discovered a little while back that what I had thought to be a trap is completely OK.IM Jack Rudd wrote:It doesn't have much going for it except the traps, though, does it?
I did once coach a player at the European (or World) Schools who played 1 g4 as white and 1...a6 as black every round. It wasn't too big a surprise that I struggled to find games of the opponents in these linesIM Jack Rudd wrote:It doesn't have much going for it except the traps, though, does it? If I just develop naturally, what is your plan?
I understand Russ Conway used to play the Piano - though I can't find any of his games on Chessbase.Kevin O'Rourke wrote:just for variety. normally play the Lopez or Piano