e2e4 Uxbridge International : 13-17 February 2010

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
Sean Hewitt

e2e4 Uxbridge International : 13-17 February 2010

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:31 pm

After the success of the 1st Uxbridge International we will be holding the 2nd event from Saturday 13 February 2010 - Wednesday 17 February 2010. Full details are available via the website.

The Masters event offers players (rated 2100+) the opportunity of 9 extremely competitive games of chess with the the chance to secure that all important norm. We will be running two norm sections (hopefully one will offer GM norm opportunities) and entires will be accepted on a strictly first come first served basis. GM's wishing to play should contact me with details of the conditions they require.

The Womens Invitational event offers female players the opportunity both to play in an all female event and to score a WIM norm norm. WGM's/WIM's wishing to play should contact Loz Cooper with details of the conditions they require.

The Challengers event offers players rated 1900+ or graded above 150 ECF 9 competitive FIDE rated games. All 9 games are FIDE rated, even if unrated players take part (this is unique to all play alls). Unrated players will obtain a full FIDE rating just by playing in this one event*. Players will be divided into equal strength sections of 10 players if entries allow more than one section to run. The winner of each Challengers section will receive free entry to the next Uxbridge Masters together with a £100 discount off of your hotel room bill . A great way to pay for your Masters entry next time!

The Major event is open to all players, although it's primarily aimed at players rated below 1900 (or graded below 150 ECF) who want to play 9 competitive FIDE rated games of chess in a friendly atmosphere with the opportunity to gain those all important rating points or obtain their first ever FIDE rating. All 9 games are FIDE rated, even if unrated players take part (this is unique to all play alls). Unrated players will obtain a full FIDE rating just by playing in this one event.* Players will be placed in groups of 10 according to rating / grade so that all the players in a group are of a similar strength.
Last edited by Sean Hewitt on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IM Jack Rudd

Re: e2e4 Uxbridge International : 13-17 February 2010

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Sean Hewitt wrote:After the success of the 1st Uxbridge International we will be holding the 2nd event from Saturday 13 February 2010 - Wednesday 17 February 2010. Full details are available via the website.
That URL points at the March event, not the February one.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks Jack. URL changed!

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 am

There are now just 4 places left in the Masters. 2 of these are open to titled players (IM/WGM/IM/WIM/WFM) and 2 to non-titled players. Entries are strictly first come first served so if you are thinking of playing in the Masters I suggest you enter without delay by clicking here

There are 5 places left in the Challengers if you fancy a not quite so tough weeks chess or you want to earn a guaranteed place in the next Masters.

And we will keep taking entires in the Major right up until the week before the event as long as we can make a full group of 10 players.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:13 pm

And now there are just 3 places left in the Masters - 1 for an untitled player and 2 for titled players.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:55 pm

And now there are just 2 places left for 2 titled players only.

Untitled players can still enter the Challengers to win a place in the next Masters, and we will operate a waiting list of Challengers players in case of any withdrawals from the Masters.

Anthony Higgs

Post by Anthony Higgs » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Sean,

I see from your news feed that you have added a second Challengers competition due to demand, although on the 'entrants' page there are only enough names for one competition - is this second section close to filling up? I may enter assuming work gives me the time off.
http://www.horshamchessclub.org.uk - ECF Club of the Year 2010

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Anthony Higgs wrote:Hi Sean,

I see from your news feed that you have added a second Challengers competition due to demand, although on the 'entrants' page there are only enough names for one competition - is this second section close to filling up? I may enter assuming work gives me the time off.
Hi Anthony,

We added a second challengers becasue, as you rightly say we already have enough entrants for one event even though it's five weeks until the tournament starts and we are currently 50% up on entrants compared to the August event.

We have had 3 further entrants to the Challengers alone today (which will be updated on the website this evening) so I can safely say that they're are just 7 places left - and they are going fast! If you want one, best thing to do is enter online here.

Anthony Higgs

Post by Anthony Higgs » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Done. :D
http://www.horshamchessclub.org.uk - ECF Club of the Year 2010

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:17 pm

A quick update before I head off to the 4NCL. The 2nd e2e4 Uxbridge International starts in exactly 4 weeks time.

The Masters is already full - so please don't try to enter. The groups have been published.

Group A

Group B

The draw will be determined by the UK National Lottery Draw tomorrow night - details on our website.

The Challengers has 18 confirmed participants and just 2 places left. We recommend you enter now if you want to play.

The Major has 24 entrants and therefore just 6 places left.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Following two more entries this morning all sections (excluding the Women's Invitational) are now full.

However, as there is still more than 3 weeks to go before the event I have decided that we will run an additional Challengers and an additional Major section if we get 10 additional entries for these sections.

All current entries are guaranteed their places, and we will only run the extra section(s) if we can fill them but if you would like to be considered for one of these additional places enter online here.

We recommend that you do this asap as demand suggests these extra places will get snapped up.

Matthew Peat

Post by Matthew Peat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:01 am

Sean

Really looking forward to the event (in my case the Challengers)

I presume the entrants for an additional section will be mixed in with the existing ones before dividing into groups so should I hold off preparing for my opponents just yet...........??

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 am

You are absolutely right Matthew. We will mix all entrants together.

You should hold off prepping regardless though as given that we will split the players into equal strength groups you don't who would be in your group even if there are just two groups.

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:33 pm

A slight drama for the Uxbridge Congress. One of the Masters entrants has had his visa application turned down which means that we have a vaccancy for a titled player.

If you are a titled player (IM / FM / WIM / WFM) and would like to play please email me at [email protected] - first come first served!

Regards,

Sean

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 am

A replacement titled player has been found, so thanks to all who helped out with that.

There are just five places left now in the Challengers. If you want one of the remaining places you should enter online now at http://www.e2e4.org.uk/international/20 ... online.htm as they are filling fast.

Enter before Sunday and you can claim a 10% discount on the entry fee.