Arafat Gambit

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
OsamaArafat

Re: Arafat Gambit

Post by OsamaArafat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Actually, I remeber my father (Abdelmalik Arafat) said manytimes that Arafat Gambit doesn’t secure winning and has some disadvantages. Maybe this is why he didn’t insist during his life to register this opening under his name.
But at least we can consider his Gambit as an attempt to enrich and inspire chess players in future. He shall be rewarded for his efforts as I believe.
Now, since Abdelmalik Arafat passed away, i feel eager keep his name live to follow Arafat Gambit registration. I would appreciate if someone can advise me on how to register this opening as Arafat Gambit.
Thank you

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Generally, one does not "register" openings as such; they become known by specific names by repetition. Your best bet might be to write some sort of article about the opening.

OsamaArafat

Post by OsamaArafat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Thanks for the advise

JustinHorton

Post by JustinHorton » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm
John Hickman wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:18 pm
No idea if it has a name, but it's like this gambit, but played by Black!
There's also 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f5 3. Nxe5 Nc6 which is sufficiently "respectable" to have been played by the late John Littlewood against Owen Hindle at Hastings. It's safest to just play 4. Nxc6 and play a game where Black has activity and development, but probably not enough for a pawn.
Ah yes
"Do you play chess?"
"Yes, but I prefer a game with a better chance of cheating."

lostontime.blogspot.com