C. R Moore (Richard)

Notices of deaths, death announcements and messages.
Ernie Lazenby

C. R Moore (Richard)

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:52 am

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of Mr Richard Moore. Richard was for a long time a trustee of the ECF and a Platinum member.
I have known Richard for nearly 50 years, our paths crossing across the board for 5 decades but also in our professional lives he as a defence solicitor and me as a police officer. In his professional and private life Richard was a man of the utmost integrity, spoke a great deal of common sense and saw the good in everyone. For many decades he was involved in Cleveland chess association both as a player of County standard and as an organiser. Its also doubtful that Redcar chess club, of which he was the longest serving member, would have survived without his efforts.
A true gentleman, someone who commanded the highest level of respect from all who knew him. Our association is the poorer for his passing.
He will be missed.

RIP.

Ernie Lazenby

Re: C. R Moore (Richard)

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:09 am

Details of the funeral (provis) I will confirm it asap.
Friday 1st November 2019. 1.0pm St Bedes Chapel at Middlesbrough crematorium, Acklam Road, Middlesbrough

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:20 am

My condolences, Ernie. Do you have any more biographical details (e.g. age at death or year of birth)?

Stewart Reuben

Post by Stewart Reuben » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:49 am

Richard died on Monday 21 October 2019.
He was an Honorary Life Vice President of the ECF
His grade was about 125

I hesitate to provide an obituary for the ECF without knowing the date of birth. Or the relationship to surviving close relatives.

Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:08 am

Stewart. Just finished speaking to Gerry Walsh. Richard is survived by a son and daughter. Gerry is almost certain Richard was 85yrs old.
Gerry is going to find out his exact age.
The current President of Cleveland Chess association has posted a moving tribute to Richard on the associations web site. That tribute contains more information as to why those of us who have known him for so long held him in such high regard.

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:50 am

David Robertson

Post by David Robertson » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:49 pm

How lovely! What a fine modest man. RIP

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Condolences to all Richard's friends and family

Am I correct that he was the solicitor appointed by the BCF in the Greater Manchester dispute in the 1970s?
Any postings on here represent my personal views