Post
by John Upham » Mon May 23, 2022 8:38 pm
Stephen Westmoreland wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 pm
At the risk of censure for completely taking this thread down a different track, I would be very interested to know the significance John.
I find it interesting to discover how chess is and isn't delivered in various scholastic regimes world-wide compared with the scene here in good ole' Blighty. I was hoping others might share this interest.
This time of the year is always with some pain since I see my keen year 6 students leaving their primary schools to find their new school cannot be bothered to help them to continue their interest.
This is of reflected in entry numbers for junior tournaments in which they peak at around U12 and then suddenly fall of a cliff.
Prep schools seem to do a better job since they often continue to 13 years old at that school before moving on.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
