Hi John Britbase,
Glad you agree with the score. It was a bit of struggle till I got used to his Q's looking like a 2.
I'll send more over time.
Hi John Historian,
No I never knew about but I've only had the Fairhurst box of scorebooks and papers for two days.
Glasgow chess club (now defunct) had a lot of chess history in storage and have passed it onto Edinburgh so we can display it. I put aside the Willey books thinking there might be a Glasgow connection. I was very impressed with the style of the book which cost one shilling. Thought I'd share.
The Fairhurst games (over 1,000 - chessgames.com has 300+) have 'thankfully' been PGN'd though a few locations and events are missing. Alan McGowan tidying up that part. To be honest I had only played over a few Fairhurst games but that is rapidly changing, I've been well entertained with some of his games. I'm going through them, I'll go over every one, and if something looks odd I'll look at the original to make sure it has been PGN'd correctly. Who did the original has done a good job so I do not expect to find many (if any) I'm just in 7th heaven playing over all these games.
This of course will take time. If I see something interesting that could be me off on a sidetrack for an hour or more. (which has already happened, when I looked at the first one, chosen by random after I was sent the PGN's )
"Who did the original has done a good job." They even deciphered this one.
