Should the ECF accept CJs resignation? - Poll

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Paul Cooksey

Should the ECF accept CJs resignation? - Poll

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I am hoping forsimple yes/ no responses, to help the ECF judge the members views.

(Or some of them. Or the views of people who pay grading fee. You know what I mean)

If you have any detailed views on the prizing giving incident, or RDK, beyond saying they informed your vote, please post them to separate threads.

Ideally read this one first: CJ Banned? most views have already been discussed.
Last edited by Paul Cooksey on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Paul Cooksey

Re: Should the ECF accept CJs resignation? - Poll

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 pm

I voted no. I am uncomfortable with RDK being involved, but think CJs energy and profile make him a great president

Carl Hibbard

Post by Carl Hibbard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:04 pm

There is only one poll now as it was impossible to merge them sorry
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

John Moore

Post by John Moore » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Fair enough, no problems with that. Just happy that we have a poll.

Matt Mackenzie

Post by Matt Mackenzie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Definitely not.
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:12 pm

I've voted (saying no), but will the results be delivered to the ECF? If not, it seems a bit pointless (not to mention that the number voting also makes it a bit pointless). Also, I agree with those who say that the real test of CJ's presidency would be through an election. I'm half-considering attending the ECF AGM this year. Can any member attend to observe?

IM Jack Rudd

Post by IM Jack Rudd » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:I've voted (saying no), but will the results be delivered to the ECF? If not, it seems a bit pointless (not to mention that the number voting also makes it a bit pointless). Also, I agree with those who say that the real test of CJ's presidency would be through an election. I'm half-considering attending the ECF AGM this year. Can any member attend to observe?
To observe? I do not know. You won't have any voting rights unless you're representing an organization that has voting rights.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:15 pm

IM Jack Rudd wrote:
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:I've voted (saying no), but will the results be delivered to the ECF? If not, it seems a bit pointless (not to mention that the number voting also makes it a bit pointless). Also, I agree with those who say that the real test of CJ's presidency would be through an election. I'm half-considering attending the ECF AGM this year. Can any member attend to observe?
To observe? I do not know. You won't have any voting rights unless you're representing an organization that has voting rights.
Yeah, I know. Just to observe. I hear it will be in London, so not out of my way. I guess I'm hoping that paying to be a Direct Member has some bearing, though if all Direct Members turned up it would be a bit much.

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:25 pm

No, you can't. Only "Full Members" can attend. Just to make life difficult, that's not as in the membership class "Full member". Basically, a delegate of anyone who is listed on the voting register is entitled to attend, and that's about it. The only exceptions to this rule tend to be the Minutes Secretary (which for my sins has been me in the last two meetings...), and the Office staff. The Office staff usually disappear after the adjournment for tea, anyway.

James Byrne

Post by James Byrne » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Apologies have been made looks like, glad to see CJ carry on.
Last edited by James Byrne on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote: No, you can't. Only "Full Members" can attend. Just to make life difficult, that's not as in the membership class "Full member". Basically, a delegate of anyone who is listed on the voting register is entitled to attend, and that's about it.
He's got a better chance than most. The English Deaf Chess Association are members but don't normally, as far as I'm aware, send a delegate, even to observe.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
Alex Holowczak wrote: No, you can't. Only "Full Members" can attend. Just to make life difficult, that's not as in the membership class "Full member". Basically, a delegate of anyone who is listed on the voting register is entitled to attend, and that's about it.
He's got a better chance than most. The English Deaf Chess Association are members but don't normally, as far as I'm aware, send a delegate, even to observe.
I was half-expecting someone to suggest this Forum sends a delegate... :D

Seriously, if new bodies form and apply for membership, can they send delegates to the AGM?

Peter Sharpe

Post by Peter Sharpe » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Roger de Coverly wrote:
That is because the things that are said at the meeting would go straight over the head of the EDCA delegate unless he/she has good hearing. The Sheffield League accept that no one from Sheffield Deaf would attend the AGM but attendance is compulsory at the fixtures meeting and there is usually someone who would tell the SDCC captain of any new rule changes or any important notices

Paul Cooksey

Post by Paul Cooksey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 pm

I decided to end the poll given a decision has now been taken.

I was surprised it removed the graphic, the votes were 11 to accept resignation, 38 to reject, I think

David Sedgwick

Post by David Sedgwick » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Peter Sharpe wrote:
Roger de Coverly wrote:
That is because the things that are said at the meeting would go straight over the head of the EDCA delegate unless he/she has good hearing. The Sheffield League accept that no one from Sheffield Deaf would attend the AGM but attendance is compulsory at the fixtures meeting and there is usually someone who would tell the SDCC captain of any new rule changes or any important notices
However, in this instance we have an EDCA member, Christopher Kreuzer, who says that he might wish to attend the ECF AGM.