WCCA World Childrens Chess Academy

Use this section to advertise yourself or your products.
Charlie Storey

WCCA World Childrens Chess Academy

Post by Charlie Storey » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:32 pm

The first World Childrens Chess Academy (WCCA) Junior chess event concluded last Saturday and attracted 32 local juniors.

WCCA is an independant junior chess organisation that allows juniors to capture the King if there is less than 2 minutes left on the Clock - I consider this to be a brilliant practical soloution that teaches consequences to hasty thought.

The WCCA is a Global organisation and within the next 5 years our goal is to become a brilliant media promoter of the beneits of playing and teaching chess to children using ALL NEW The National Chess Syllabus & Bandana Exam System. more at http://www.CharlieChess.com

The National Chess Syllabus & Bandana Exam System is officially used in schools and will soon be converted to official charity status.

We are looking for Professional County Managers in each County - If you are interested please forward an e mail and Chess C.V. to [email protected] and we will forward the County Managers Pack to those that pass the sift.

The idea is promoyr chess to Juniors create over 100 jobs and then eventually feed the kids into the ECF / Fide System. Creating a WIN WIN situation for federations and Professional Coaches.

Kind Regards, Fide Master Charlie Storey
FIDE Master/FIDE Trainer PGCE Won170+ Opens
Many National Junior Champions 1-1
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
England junior Team Coach 2008-19
Head of WCJS
Https://ChessSERVICESmap.com
https://chesscasestudy.gr8.com/
www.QueensGambitAcademy.com

Jon D'Souza-Eva

Re: WCCA World Childrens Chess Academy

Post by Jon D'Souza-Eva » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Charlie Storey wrote:WCCA is an independant junior chess organisation that allows juniors to capture the King if there is less than 2 minutes left on the Clock - I consider this to be a brilliant practical soloution that teaches consequences to hasty thought.
Well I consider this to be one of the stupid ideas I have ever come across. Why teach juniors rules which are not applicable when they start playing adult chess (or indeed junior chess outside of the WCCA)?

Whilst you're here, could you please clarify the statement on this page:
http://www.charliechess.com/CharlieStorey.html
the bit which says "Opens won: 670" - what exactly does this mean?

(referred to from http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=75)

Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:27 am

Bandana exam system? That sounds more like a qualification for becoming a pirate than anything to do with chess.

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi Mr - Eva

A good spot - I have ammended it.

I would appreciate it if you could find any more errors in my published works and websites - I have many. I'l even motivate you with 20p per error and you can post them here to keep the masses entertained! (5p if its a spelling mistake!)

You can be my official critic!

My current open tally is 72 Open victories although I currently lead the Zollner Championship on 5/5 so it is likely to make 73.

Thank you for removing that speck from my eye.

Charlie Storey ----AKA The Sniper Chief. :-)
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS

Jon D'Souza-Eva

Post by Jon D'Souza-Eva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:24 pm

I had no idea it was a typo, my guess was that you were counting games won in opens.

Anyway, let's get the ball rolling:

Eva -> D'Souza-Eva
ammended -> amended

That's 10p you owe me.

I've got a serious question about the bandana system - do the children wear the highest bandana they've earned whilst they're playing in your tournaments?

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Yes the Kids may wear their highest Bandana Level.

The Bandana Level is the same as Judo from light to dark colours starting with White.

Their club fees entitle free unlimited access to the site www.wcoengland.com/tncs

Their they can view the Bandana Syallabus and take all the tests for free.

It is free in the sense that it costs £1 for some tests but they are then allowed to take it off their weekly £3 board fees.

It is no easy matter making all of these Bandanas and branding the WCCA / CharlieChess Logo on to them in bulk!
Also the account is free - even for adults...no one has passed the online Black Bandana Exam thus far!

Who will be first?
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS

Jon D'Souza-Eva

Post by Jon D'Souza-Eva » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:55 pm

[edited] Sorry, I was asked to remove this.
Last edited by Jon D'Souza-Eva on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Ooooo I could make loads of money here. For a start, your title is wrong - children's requires an apostrophe. Then, independent is spelt incorrectly.

There are several words which have capitals used uneccessarily too.

Not sure you should be promoting using illegal moves to teach children though.

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Also, this Zollner championships, isn't that a league as opposed to a open tournament? That surely doesn't count. Or shouldn't count.

Jon D'Souza-Eva

Post by Jon D'Souza-Eva » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Sabrina Chevannes wrote:Ooooo I could make loads of money here. For a start, your title is wrong - children's requires an apostrophe. Then, independent is spelt incorrectly.
No offence Sabrina, but I think you'll find that I am Charlie's official spell checker. If I find that the workload is too much for me then I'll let you know.

Charlie - In the title of this thread, "childrens" requires an apostrophe. Also, "independant" should be "independent". That's 20p you owe me.

Mike Truran

Post by Mike Truran » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:09 am

System. more
promoyr
soloution
beneits
an e mail
Happy to receive a share of the 50p from Charlie's official spellchecker. :D

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:07 am

Following on from the above examples would anyone care to expound on the pros and cons of the spelling and punctuation of English with respect to literacy in the UK, in general?

Paul Bielby

Post by Paul Bielby » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:34 am

No, Sabrina, the Zollner Trophy is awarded to the Northumberland Individual Champion -it's not a league. But yes, it is not an Open Championship, being run within the NCA.

The Viking trophy - for a photograph see the 2012 British Championships website - was presented by Louis Zollner to the NCA on its inception in 1928. The full story of Louis Zollner's chess career appeared in CHESS in 1938 and is quite fascinating. I have held the trophy (a statuette of ROLLO (or Gangerrolf?) - the greatgrandfather of William the Conqueror) myself three times (a long time ago) and was very proud to have it on my mantelshelf. Nowadays, alas, it is held to be too valuable for such treatment (much to Charlie's annoyance) and lives in a bank vault and only makes an appearance from time to time at the NCA AGM. Though I believe Rollo will make an appearance at the British Championships this summer.
Last edited by Paul Bielby on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie Storey

Post by Charlie Storey » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 am

Yes it is somewhat ridiculous that I struggle 7 months for a trophy then am not even allowed to keep it for a Year - Anyone would think I was going to melt it down and make a new silver chess set - Which by the way would be based on retro newcastle United Footballers!
ChessBase Author
ICC Presenter
Head of WCJS

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 am

Paul Bielby wrote:No, Sabrina, the Zollner Trophy is awarded to the Northumberland Individual Champion -it's not a league. But yes, it is not an Open Championship, being run within the NCA.

The Viking trophy - for a photograph see the 2012 British Championships website - was presented by Louis Zollner to the NCA on its inception in 1928. The full story of Louis Zollner's chess career appeared in CHESS in 1938 and is quite fascinating. I have held the trophy (a statuette of ROLLO (or Gangerrolf?) - the greatgrandfather of William the Conqueror) myself three times (a long time ago) and was very proud to have it on my mantelshelf. Nowadays, alas, it is held to be too valuable for such treatment (much to Charlie's annoyance) and lives in a bank vault and only makes an appearance from time to time at the NCA AGM. Though I believe Rollo will make an appearance at the British Championships this summer.

OK fine but it doesn't count as an Open Championship though. So that shouldn't be counted. I wonder if Charlie can name all the 72 opens that he has won.