Hi All
Does anyone know of any free online software that I could download which helps when running tournaments? Specifically the type that would do the draws etc for the competition controller? I stress the word free as if I have to pay then I will stick with the old fashioned method of written score cards for each individual.
Cheers
Andy
Tournament Software
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: Tournament Software
I'm not aware of any such software of any use that is free, although there are a number of inexpensive programs that do the jobs.
Sounds like pairing cards it is I'm afraid!
Sounds like pairing cards it is I'm afraid!
-
William Stimpson
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:29 pm
Re: Tournament Software
Have a look at this link:
http://www.enpassant.dk/chess/softeng.htm#TL
I have tried Vega with success though it is limited to 30 players unless you pay a licence fee.
Cheers
Will
http://www.enpassant.dk/chess/softeng.htm#TL
I have tried Vega with success though it is limited to 30 players unless you pay a licence fee.
Cheers
Will
-
Stewart Reuben
- Posts: 4566
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:04 pm
- Location: writer
Re: Tournament Software
If I remember correctly SwissPerfect is free. Unfortunately it is anything but perfect.
The advantage of Tournament Director is that it does the grading for you. That is imperfect though, although improving all the time and does cost money.
Stewart Reuben
The advantage of Tournament Director is that it does the grading for you. That is imperfect though, although improving all the time and does cost money.
Stewart Reuben
- Adam Raoof
- Posts: 2736
- Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: NW4 4UY
- Contact:
Tournament Software
Andrew: SwissPerfect is now called 'League Watch', and I can highly recommend it as a flexible, intuitive and very stable program. I have used it to run international swiss tournaments, and weekend tournaments. There is a free trial, but registration is quite cheap 
Adam Raoof IA, IO
Chess England Events - https://chessengland.com/
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/
Chess England Events - https://chessengland.com/
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/