Richmond Rapidplay 101

Details of upcoming UK events, please provide working links if possible.
LawrenceCooper

Re: Richmond Rapidplay 101

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat May 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Angus French wrote:
Roger de Coverly wrote:from http://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.html? ... w=category
Swiss Tournaments: Number of players multiplied by 1 Euro
Team Tournaments: 1 Euro per player, no maximum

So 1 Euro per tournament per player. Or is it 1 Euro per player per six months regardless of the tournament count? The wording is a bit ambiguous.
The way I read it was that the billing would be every six months. If this is correct then the (registration) fee is one euro per player per swiss tournament. And there's also the annual rating fee which is one euro per player.

Yes, it's shame this issue has come up in Sabrina's first tournament but it is relevant... Who, ultimately, will pay the FIDE charges for the next Richmond Rapidplay event: the tournament itself or the ECF?
There are no rating charges for rapidplays at the moment so it's not a question that needs asking or answering.

Angus French

Post by Angus French » Sat May 12, 2012 3:15 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:
Angus French wrote:
Roger de Coverly wrote:from http://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.html? ... w=category
Swiss Tournaments: Number of players multiplied by 1 Euro
Team Tournaments: 1 Euro per player, no maximum

So 1 Euro per tournament per player. Or is it 1 Euro per player per six months regardless of the tournament count? The wording is a bit ambiguous.
The way I read it was that the billing would be every six months. If this is correct then the (registration) fee is one euro per player per swiss tournament. And there's also the annual rating fee which is one euro per player.

Yes, it's shame this issue has come up in Sabrina's first tournament but it is relevant... Who, ultimately, will pay the FIDE charges for the next Richmond Rapidplay event: the tournament itself or the ECF?
There are no rating charges for rapidplays at the moment so it's not a question that needs asking or answering.
Good answer! Thanks Lawrence.
Umm, I'm now wondering: will other FIDE-rated rapidplayplays remove their ECF membership requirement?

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat May 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Angus French wrote: Yes, it's shame this issue has come up in Sabrina's first tournament but it is relevant... Who, ultimately, will pay the FIDE charges (edit)for non-ECF members(/edit) for the next Richmond Rapidplay event: the tournament itself or the ECF?
At present FIDE are giving the rapidplay ratings service at no charge to national federations. Apart from insisting on membership, or not, I don't think the ECF are making any charges either. For standard play events, they charge £ 1.50 a head to include IRO expenses as well as FIDE's Euro.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Sat May 12, 2012 4:47 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:It is a shame that a new thread from an organiser running her first Richmond rapidplay has become bogged down in membership debate.

I would like to wish her well with the event and hope that many of you are able to support both this and the e2e4 Amersham next weekend.
I agree with Lawrence here, and rather than read the thread, I'm going to go and enter the tournament!

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Sat May 12, 2012 6:57 pm

For those already ECF members there is no impediment to entry, nor for those who are not - since membership is not (yet) a requirement by the RRP.
Perhaps the discussion should move to a place where ECF membership is (already) required. Then the appropriate people can continue to argue the toss there.

Roger de Coverly

Post by Roger de Coverly » Sat May 12, 2012 7:05 pm

John McKenna wrote:For those already ECF members there is no impediment to entry, nor for those who are not - since membership is not (yet) a requirement by the RRP.
The ECF have changed or reverted their policy and the Richmond event is the first under the new or perhaps old rules. We wouldn't have found out without the questions being asked.

John McKenna

Post by John McKenna » Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 pm

The organisers made it clear from the outset that membership would not be required. Confirmation was asked for and received. If the question - why some events are already requiring ECF membership - needs answering, is this the right place?

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Sat May 12, 2012 8:38 pm

LawrenceCooper wrote:It is a shame that a new thread from an organiser running her first Richmond rapidplay has become bogged down in membership debate.

I would like to wish her well with the event and hope that many of you are able to support both this and the e2e4 Amersham next weekend.
Bit difficult to do both... ;)

Sean Hewitt

Post by Sean Hewitt » Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm

This thread is, and should only be, about the first Richmond Rapidplay under new management.

I wish Sabrina and her team all the best with it.

Richard Bates

Post by Richard Bates » Sat May 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Just as a matter of interest, if one scores 4.5/6 does one have the option of opting for a free entry voucher in lieu of a main prize?

LawrenceCooper

Post by LawrenceCooper » Sat May 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Richard Bates wrote:

Bit difficult to do both... ;)
You never heard of multi-tasking? :oops:

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Sun May 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Richard your idea is quite an amusing one, but I am happy for anyone who gets 4.5/6 to opt to have their main prize/free entry into the next rapidplay. Again, you can't do both ...

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Mon May 14, 2012 12:00 am

Oh and Kishan... We've received your payment but no entry form! Please fill in the one online: http://www.chevanneschessacademy.com/ch ... er-online/ or send me an email. I don't know what section you want to play in!

Sabrina Chevannes

Post by Sabrina Chevannes » Mon May 14, 2012 11:55 pm

The list of entries can be found here: http://www.chevanneschessacademy.com/ch ... -may-2012/

Please let me know if you think your name should be down!

James Pratt

Post by James Pratt » Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 am

where can I read the crosstables, please?