When is the new grading list coming out?

Technical questions regarding Openings, Middlegames, Endings etc.
Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:15 am

It's June 25th, and no one has asked me this yet. Usually requests flood in from the middle of May. Is this a record?

Paul Bielby

Re: When is the new grading list coming out?

Post by Paul Bielby » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 am

Perhaps it is because they are ALL planning to be at the BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIPS in NORTH SHIELDS on July 22nd, when they know the new grades will be on the wallcharts there.

Get yourselves entered soon, before the July 2nd deadline for a price hike, and enjoy a real Northumbrian welcome!!

Ray Sayers

Post by Ray Sayers » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Paul Bielby wrote:Perhaps it is because they are ALL planning to be at the BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIPS in NORTH SHIELDS on July 22nd, when they know the new grades will be on the wallcharts there.

Get yourselves entered soon, before the July 2nd deadline for a price hike, and enjoy a real Northumbrian welcome!!
Smoothly done, Paul!

Carol Williams

Post by Carol Williams » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:It's June 25th, and no one has asked me this yet. Usually requests flood in from the middle of May. Is this a record?
If you are suffering from withdrawal symptoms I'm sure a deluge of requests could be arranged :twisted:

Ray Sayers

Post by Ray Sayers » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Alex,

Carol Williams

Post by Carol Williams » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Ray Sayers wrote:Alex,

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Alex,

Alex,

Alex,

Alex,

Alex,

Alex,

errrr ... et cetera

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Alex

I don't care when the grading list is coming out :)
Any postings on here represent my personal views

MSoszynski

Post by MSoszynski » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Mick Norris wrote:Alex

I don't care when the grading list is coming out :)
Ignore him, Alex.

Christopher Kreuzer

Post by Christopher Kreuzer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:48 am

To ask a different question...

Will the results of the finals of the 2011-12 ECF County Championships (7th July) be graded in the July 2012 list or the January 2013 list? I presume the latter (as I presume was done for the semi-finals as well in previous years when the grading list was calculated a month earlier), but wondered if there was any special exception made for this.

Clive Blackburn

Post by Clive Blackburn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 am

Alex Holowczak wrote:It's June 25th, and no one has asked me this yet. Usually requests flood in from the middle of May. Is this a record?
Well it's still not out yet Alex.... perhaps you meant July 25th? :wink:

Clive Blackburn

Post by Clive Blackburn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:29 am

Oh I see I'm sorry Alex, you meant that it was June 25th when you posted.

Soooo...... when is the new list coming out? :P

Alex Holowczak

Post by Alex Holowczak » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 am

Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Will the results of the finals of the 2011-12 ECF County Championships (7th July) be graded in the July 2012 list or the January 2013 list? I presume the latter (as I presume was done for the semi-finals as well in previous years when the grading list was calculated a month earlier), but wondered if there was any special exception made for this.
The 2012 Finals will be graded in the January 2013 grading list, because they're played on July 7th, and the cutoff is June 30th.

I thought this was unnecessary, and proposed to Council that in 2012/13, the final be brought forward a week in order to get them all into the same grading list. Instead, Council decided to reject this, and instead decided to have a system whereby the Finals count towards that year's July list instead. This didn't please the Grading Administrator when he found out about it. He was sat in the room when this was being discussed, but completely missed it, otherwise he would have voiced his objection then.

Greg Breed

Post by Greg Breed » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Alex Holowczak wrote:
Christopher Kreuzer wrote:Will the results of the finals of the 2011-12 ECF County Championships (7th July) be graded in the July 2012 list or the January 2013 list? I presume the latter (as I presume was done for the semi-finals as well in previous years when the grading list was calculated a month earlier), but wondered if there was any special exception made for this.
The 2012 Finals will be graded in the January 2013 grading list, because they're played on July 7th, and the cutoff is June 30th.

I thought this was unnecessary, and proposed to Council that in 2012/13, the final be brought forward a week in order to get them all into the same grading list. Instead, Council decided to reject this, and instead decided to have a system whereby the Finals count towards that year's July list instead. This didn't please the Grading Administrator when he found out about it. He was sat in the room when this was being discussed, but completely missed it, otherwise he would have voiced his objection then.
Perhaps Council members take it in turns to snooze during these meetings?!! :oops:

So when are the new grades coming out? :wink:
Hatch End A Captain (Hillingdon League)
Controller (Hillingdon League)

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Do I take it then, that the ECF Counties Preliminary, Quarter-final and Semi-final rounds will be graded in the July 2012 list, separately from the Final?