New features.
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4417
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
New features.
Hi there, this is indeed a cracking forum but I have some questions. As a website its a bit on the dull side. Can't we get new features, themes would be great too, different icons. It does look like a very dated forum, some interface options would be great if possible. Twitter now X did it, that sort of thing. Thoughts?
I like dark theme for everything and higher contrast. Most sites give you these options.
Thoughts?
I like dark theme for everything and higher contrast. Most sites give you these options.
Thoughts?
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: New features.
May I ask what you expected to see out on a phpBB forum web site? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain...MJMcCready wrote: ↑Sat Nov 23, 2024 4:26 pmHi there, this is indeed a cracking forum but I have some questions. As a website its a bit on the dull side. Can't we get new features, themes would be great too, different icons. It does look like a very dated forum, some interface options would be great if possible. Twitter now X did it, that sort of thing. Thoughts?
I like dark theme for everything and higher contrast. Most sites give you these options.
Thoughts?
Answers on a postcard please.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4417
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: New features.
Already stated. How about light and dark theme, text colour, simple things that all apps and many websites now. I don't think that's much to asnwer. Customization has been around for some time already. Can't the creators be contacted about this? Just opions over customization really.
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: New features.
I for one I most satisfied at what this forum has and continues to achieve since December 8th 2006. We owe Carl an enormous debt of gratitude for the work put in over the last 18 years.MJMcCready wrote: ↑Sat Nov 23, 2024 5:36 pmAlready stated. How about light and dark theme, text colour, simple things that all apps and many websites now. I don't think that's much to asnwer. Customization has been around for some time already. Can't the creators be contacted about this? Just opions over customization really.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4417
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: New features.
Well there's no doubting that but like I said, some modernisation to make it more customizable would be great and more in line with the current trend. What X did would sufffice. Different themes and font colours.
-
NickFaulks
- Posts: 9290
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm
Re: New features.
To whom it may concern, please leave it it the way it is.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.
-
Nick Ivell
- Posts: 1471
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:33 pm
Re: New features.
We need to bring in Elon Musk to sort us all out!
-
NickFaulks
- Posts: 9290
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm
Re: New features.
Is the ECForum wasting shedloads of money?
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.
- MJMcCready
- Posts: 4417
- Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Re: New features.
I just thought it would be nice if I could do the same as I did with X, get a dark theme and change font colours, that's all.
-
Clive Wismayer
- Posts: 131
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm
Re: New features.
Replies from dinosaurs here are interesting & characteristic.
-
Tim Spanton
- Posts: 1402
- Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 am
- Contact:
-
NickFaulks
- Posts: 9290
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm
Re: New features.
Better than boring and characteristic.Clive Wismayer wrote: ↑Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:42 amReplies from dinosaurs here are interesting & characteristic.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a QR code stamped on a human face — forever.
- IM Jack Rudd
- Posts: 5178
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 am
- Location: Bideford
- Contact:
Re: New features.
The issue with this is that sites like this have post-level formatting in a way that X doesn't. For example, I can post this and be sure it will stand out, which isn't necessarily the case if you've changed your text colour, or worse, your background colour, to red.MJMcCready wrote: ↑Sun Nov 24, 2024 2:38 amI just thought it would be nice if I could do the same as I did with X, get a dark theme and change font colours, that's all.
-
Clive Wismayer
- Posts: 131
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm
Re: New features.
What’s wrong with having the choice? You don’t have to change anything yourself.IM Jack Rudd wrote: ↑Sun Nov 24, 2024 9:14 amThe issue with this is that sites like this have post-level formatting in a way that X doesn't. For example, I can post this and be sure it will stand out, which isn't necessarily the case if you've changed your text colour, or worse, your background colour, to red.MJMcCready wrote: ↑Sun Nov 24, 2024 2:38 amI just thought it would be nice if I could do the same as I did with X, get a dark theme and change font colours, that's all.
-
Clive Wismayer
- Posts: 131
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm
Re: New features.
Scintillating repartee!NickFaulks wrote: ↑Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:52 amBetter than boring and characteristic.Clive Wismayer wrote: ↑Sun Nov 24, 2024 8:42 amReplies from dinosaurs here are interesting & characteristic.