Hi
I saw this position a few days ago. White to move. Can white win?
Is there a win here?
Is there a win here?
- Attachments
-
- Capture.JPG (16.94 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
-
Roger de Coverly
- Posts: 22665
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm
-
Joseph Conlon
- Posts: 347
- Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:18 pm
Re: Is there a win here?
Qh5 followed by Bd1?
-
soheil_hooshdaran
- Posts: 3152
- Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:24 pm
Re: Is there a win here?
How do you look it up?Roger de Coverly wrote: ↑Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:28 pmIt's a position from an actual game, so I've looked it up. The winning idea is quite spectacular.
-
Roger de Coverly
- Posts: 22665
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm
Re: Is there a win here?
Search position using database software.
Initially I thought the position had arisen from the Zaitsev line in the Spanish. It turned out to be the closely related Breyer instead