Fred Goodwin isn't a banker
-
Phil Makepeace
- Posts: 342
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:46 pm
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Fred Goodwin isn't a banker
He might not be a banker, but The Guardian refers to him as:Phil Makepeace wrote:He is a nit, though.
"The controversial former bank chief Sir Fred Goodwin."
I can see no way in which people can read that to mean "banker". So that's all right then.
- Gavin Strachan
- Posts: 676
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:06 am
- Contact:
Re: Fred Goodwin isn't a banker
one day I will be called a chess player.
http://www.brentwoodchessclub.org/
Brentwood Chess Club
Brentwood Chess Club
-
Simon Spivack
- Posts: 600
- Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:06 pm
Re: Fred Goodwin isn't a banker
Far be it from me to propose that ridicule is the answer to the dilemma that we are not allowed to call Fred the Shred a banker. However, we could remedy the deficiency that we can't even learn the wording of the injunction protecting him by guessing our own. I admit it's been years since I was last north of the border, I am somewhat out of practice. (Where are my cousins when I need them?) I may have it slightly wrong, still, my suggestion is:
"Dinnae footer about wi' thon gallus bawheid scunner, bewaur the galoot, Jimmy."
I think it means something like:
"Man, don't mess around with that very cheeky and repulsive bonehead, be wary of the idiot."
"Dinnae footer about wi' thon gallus bawheid scunner, bewaur the galoot, Jimmy."
I think it means something like:
"Man, don't mess around with that very cheeky and repulsive bonehead, be wary of the idiot."