Northamptonshire Chess Association AGMs

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Angus French

Re: Northamptonshire Chess Association AGMs

Post by Angus French » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:22 am

Mick Norris wrote:http://www.manchesterchessfederation.co.uk/page2.html [AGM papers for your perusal (20/6/13)]
Excellent. I shall ask the Surrey County Chess Association if they might do the same.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:46 am

Not all Officers provide written reports, so it is a work in progress
Any postings on here represent my personal views

Neil Graham

Post by Neil Graham » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 am

Mick Norris wrote:
Frank Kamau wrote:Sorry to be ranting like this on the ECF forum but why have we got to the absurd situation where AGMs and EGM are being held in camera In Northamptonshire? I only happened to know because someone mentioned in passing that there is one next Monday, when I visited my local chess club on the way home from the gym someone mentioned something about proposals being emailed around.

Sounds totally absurd. There is a county website available at http://www.norchess.lloydbunday.co.uk/ and AGMs should be advertised and any motions/agendas known by chess players. Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
There is always a simple solution, move to Manchester :wink:
http://www.manchesterchessfederation.co.uk/page2.html

Alternatively, you could volunteer your services to assist the Northamptonshire association, allowing them to be more efficient
Mick

I am very pleased to see Manchester competing in the MCCU next year; we look forward to meeting you again in county matches and hope you will compete in as many sections as possible.

As for Northamptonshire, I have no idea of the structure/constitution/voting rights of the county association so consequently I can't really comment on the original post. Nottinghamshire's constitution & rules are clearly shown on our website so hopefully the problems highlighted by the gentleman from Northampton wouldn't arise here. At one time Northamptonshire had a strong county team; yet now they have no presence in the Counties Championship at all. One hopes we might see them again in due course - Shropshire, a similarly small county have done great things in the past few seasons with limited resources.

Mick Norris

Post by Mick Norris » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:17 am

Neil Graham wrote:Mick

I am very pleased to see Manchester competing in the MCCU next year; we look forward to meeting you again in county matches and hope you will compete in as many sections as possible.
We will see you at U160, but that's all unless you enter a team in the Open division 2 (unless I have a big surprise at our AGM next week)
Neil Graham wrote: As for Northamptonshire, I have no idea of the structure/constitution/voting rights of the county association so consequently I can't really comment on the original post. Nottinghamshire's constitution & rules are clearly shown on our website so hopefully the problems highlighted by the gentleman from Northampton wouldn't arise here. At one time Northamptonshire had a strong county team; yet now they have no presence in the Counties Championship at all. One hopes we might see them again in due course - Shropshire, a similarly small county have done great things in the past few seasons with limited resources.
I recollect the MCCU were reaching out to Northamptonshire, they clearly have internal problems

My main point is I'm pleased Frank cares enough to post about it, but it needs individuals to step forward if progress is to be made
Any postings on here represent my personal views