Swiss Manager - Help Needed

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Paul McKeown

Re: Swiss Manager - Help Needed

Post by Paul McKeown » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Hmm, sounds like the marking present function, or the prizes function, then as well!

Out of curiosity, what do you find bad about the online registration function?

Adam Raoof

Post by Adam Raoof » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks to a few recent meetings with other SM users (experienced users and converts) I will update the file

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bX4 ... sp=sharing

and I have also added a simple ECF to FIDE conversion chart which you can print out, the might be useful if like me you run tournaments using FIDE for seeding, but have a lot of players enter on the day with just ECF grades. Ideal for blitz events! Thanks to Geoff Gammon for that idea.

The new version of SM has the ability to tick off players as they arrive for an event, and pair just those players for round one. This is very useful if you have a regular junior club with a regular swiss, for instance, but you just don't know which kids will turn up for the event until the last minute.

If you have tips to share please let me know.

Paul McKeown

Post by Paul McKeown » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 am

Paul McKeown wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:29 am
For the experts, though, here is a question.

Is there a way to get a full report (or a means to export the data) on all the players in an event, with all the entered data provided, including name, id, FIDE id, grade, rating, gender, club, date or birth, etc?

Or even better, that plus all the games played. That would be perfect for generating the necessary info for ECF grading, for instance.

However, if such a thing exists, I haven't found it, and I end up hacking together various columns from various reports to get what is needed, which seems like unnecessary drudgery.
Actually both possibilities exist, it would appear:
Other > Data import/export

Then select Export type > Player data (text file) or Export type > Player pairings (text file)

Very primitive, only outputs a text file of type .txt. The separator character can be chosen. No control is given over which data fields are exported.

Nevertheless, this should allow some form of automation, albeit clunky.

Time to get working on some macros, I think.

Similar possibilities exist to import player data, but what fields it expects, I have no idea. Some poking around will be necessary.

soheil_hooshdaran

Post by soheil_hooshdaran » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:53 am

I can get Names of players in a text file. is there a way to copy&ppaste their names in a tournament or do I have to input them manually?