U125 County Championship Results

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Post Reply
Mike Creaney
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Cleveland

U125 County Championship Results

Post by Mike Creaney » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:57 pm

I Feel these results should be on the main site,there not ,so here they are:
( and yes i am from Cleveland :) )

NCCU -U125 County Championships 06/07
Lancashire 4 Yorkshire 8
Durham 6 Cleveland 6
Cheshire & NW 6 Lancashire 6
Cleveland 6½ Yorkshire 5½
Cleveland 7 Lancashire 5
Yorkshire 9½ Cheshire & NW 2½

Cleveland P3 W3 D0 L0 F20 A16 Pts 6
Yorkshire P3 W2 D0 L1 F23 A13 Pts 4
Cheshire & NW P3 W0 D1 L2 F14 A22 Pt 1
Lancashire P3 W0 D1 L2 F15 A21 Pt 1

*Durham Withdrawn -their match v Cleveland is Void

NCCU U-125 Champions* 06-07 Cleveland

National Stages Draw
Warwicks v Kent
Norfolk v Cleveland
Essex v Derbys
Hants v Yorkshire
Last edited by Mike Creaney on Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chris Stratford
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Post by Chris Stratford » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:22 pm

Good to see Yorkshire doing well.

Do you know who represents the White Rose, Mike?
Huddersfield Chess Club
(Former Upminster CC member of the 70s)

Mike Creaney
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Cleveland

Post by Mike Creaney » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:28 pm

Here is the Yorkshire U-125 Squad 06-07 ,Chris
Adam,D –Ilkley,Harrogate
Andrews,N –York RI
Beavers,M –York RI
Burton,S –West Leeds
Cartlidge,C – West Leeds
Dow,M-Alwoodley
Frankland,J -Alwoodley
Johnson,S-Ikley,Alwoodley
Limbert,N - ?
Pearce,N -York RI
Robson,O - York RI
Shakhlevitch,N-Alwoodley
South,R -Alwoodley
Spencer,S –Pontefract
Strickland,I -West Leeds
Summerland,D –West Leeds
Wheldon,T – West Leeds

Chris Stratford
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Post by Chris Stratford » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:44 pm

Thanks, Mike.
Huddersfield Chess Club
(Former Upminster CC member of the 70s)

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 6135
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Post by Carl Hibbard » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:53 pm

Perhaps I need to add a grade range type lookup to the Online Database to help with this sort of lookup?

You can do this:-
http://grading.bcfservices.org.uk/getco ... YOR&sort=2

Or this:-
http://grading.bcfservices.org.uk/getco ... YOR&sort=2

But it's hard work a little bit isn't it...

Cheers
Carl

Mike Creaney
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Cleveland

Post by Mike Creaney » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:24 pm

I think that would prove to be very interesting to those playing in county
matches,Carl

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 6135
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:12 am

Using the first type of lookup (ie. active) or the second (ie. possible) list?

What sort of criteria as well?

You hum it and I will....

Cheers
Carl

User avatar
Joey Stewart
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: All Of Them
Contact:

Post by Joey Stewart » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:45 pm

I heard a report that Warwickshire have won this event? Is this true or was it just that they have qualified for the next round?
Any opinions expressed will not be held to account.

Mike Creaney
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Cleveland

Post by Mike Creaney » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Joey,
Warwickshire have qualified for the national stages,next month
we 'oop north' in Cleveland ,hope to have an influence on the outcome.


Carl,
The first type (active) look up would be fine as it is, by me

User avatar
Nigel Wright
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England
Contact:

Post by Nigel Wright » Thu May 03, 2007 1:49 pm

Warwickshire knocked Nottinghamshire (my birth county) out of the U100's, so I'm praying that Derbyshire U125's (my current home county) do better than Warwickshire U125's!
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Mike Creaney
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:18 pm
Location: Cleveland

Post by Mike Creaney » Sun May 20, 2007 9:48 pm

Congratulations to the Norfolk U-125 team,
who this afternoon defeated Cleveland 9-7,
and gave us two boards start as well.

well done

User avatar
Greg Breed
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:30 am
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks, UK
Contact:

Re: U125 County Championship Results

Post by Greg Breed » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:33 pm

I thought of posting this in the other thread with games posted, but that was off topic. I also thought about starting a new thread where people could post their favourite games, or worst, or interesting or whatever. In the end I found this thread and as my game is a county match I thought this would be best place.

So here is my game against a 14 year old junior who had me quaking in my boots before I even sat down! 123 at 14 really means 140+ in adult terms so I sat down and tried to play a closed, boring position... but failed miserably. Happily the result wasn't so miserable. :)

[Event "SCCU U125"]
[Site "Middx v Sussex"]
[Date "29/11/2008"]
["Brd 3"]
[White "Greg Breed"]
[Black "Matthew Payne"]
[TimeControl "35/105+30"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteECF "120"]
[BlackECF "123"]

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.Nf3 d6 5.e4 O-O 6.Bd3 e5 7.dxe5 dxe5 8.Nxe5
Nxe4 9.Nxe4 Bxe5 10.O-O Nc6 11.a3 Qe7 12.Re1 Be6 13.Ng5 Bd7 14.Bf4 f6
15.Nf3 Rfe8 16.Nxe5 fxe5 17.Be4 Rad8 18.Qc1 Qc5 19.b4 Qd4 20.Bg5 Rc8
21.Ra2 Be6 22.Rc2 Rf8 23.Bf3 Qd7 24.Rd2 Nd4 25.Bxb7 Rb8 26.Be4 Qa4
27.Qc3 a5 28.Qg3 Bxc4 29.Qxe5 Ne6 30.Bd5 Bxd5 31.Qxd5 Rfe8 32.Rxe6 Rxe6
33.Qxe6+ Kg7 34.Bf6+ Kh6 35.Qh3# 1-0

Nice of him to let me mate him I thought. I wouldn't have. :P
Hatch End A Captain (Hillingdon League)
Controller (Hillingdon League)

Post Reply