Technical questions regarding Openings, Middlegames, Endings etc.
- Posts: 2801
- Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:24 pm
My opponent is rated 400+ points higher than me, so how to prepare?
- Posts: 2854
- Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 pm
- Location: Millom, Cumbria
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)
- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am
Then you have nothing to worry about. Just forget his grade.
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Play aggressively, either he gets confused and loses, or he wins quickly. If you play carefully, he will win, but maybe slowly.
Where possible, look at his games on a database beforehand.