*I fall off my chair* That means.... Oh...... Erm...... I'm gob smacked. Lost for words, I'm sure you are as well Ernie.Ernie Lazenby wrote:Most readers will be aware of my thoughts on recent events therefore theres no point going over them.
In the debate about the North splitting from the ECF and the NCCU proposals I never imagined the following would happen.
I wrote to the NCCU Secretary pointing out that in my opinion the proposal on the table to be discussed and voted on at the NCCU AGM in June is unconstiutional as presented. Rightly or wrongly thats the view and others hold.
Thereafter followed a number of exchanges between myself and the secretary the content of which related for the most part to Clevelands position and proceedures to be followed. I tried to be proffessional by keeping to the points but sadly that tone was not reciprocated.
The NCCU Secretary does not agree with me as his right but failed to answer fundemental questions such as ; which counties had been consulted before the proposal had been submitted because Cleveland certainly had not. Apparently the NCCU wants to disaffiliate from the ECF and wants other counties to do the same, well as far as I know the CCA and the other counties in the north are the NCCU? I made it clear that the CCA would not be pushed/bounced into making decisions in response to a knee jerk reaction. We would be happy to look at a properly produced plan and consult our members.
Not to labour all the points the bottom line is that the NCCU secertary took it upon himself to circulate those e mail exchanges to all the Northern Counties representatives and officials without asking me. This is totally unacceptable behaviour when the e mails relate almost entirely to Clevelands position.
Is that the sort of behaviour we can expect of an organisation that wants us to completely split away from the ECF. In all my dealings with ECF officials this has never happend before and one can draw conclusions why it was done. I guess in future any communication be it letter,e mail or telephone wil have to be declared private and confidential.
The NCCU secretary says I am wanting to put obstacles in the way of change he presumably thinks I am happy with the ECF as it is- readers can make their own mind up what my position is, I think its very transparent.
Sadly I find this occurence unpleasant and unacceptable. I could be minded to think better the devil you know than the one you dont!
It can't happen, the vote is bad to start with, but adding an email convo circulated is very bad form. I'm bringing up the issue tonight at the Bradford & DCA AGM tonight. I hope the proposal is pulled before it goes any further. But I apologise where needed and I believe Ernie should get an apology too from the person sending round personnal correspondance.