See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56978015
Marcel Stellman: Countdown creator dies aged 96
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Marcel Stellman: Countdown creator dies aged 96
Marcel Stellman: Countdown creator dies aged 96
See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56978015
See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56978015
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Kevin Thurlow
- Posts: 6662
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: Marcel Stellman: Countdown creator dies aged 96
Sad news - a legend. I used to watch "Des Chiffres et Des Lettres" when I could find it on Satellite TV. The format was slightly different.
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: Marcel Stellman: Countdown creator dies aged 96
Many episodes may be found here : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... es+LettresKevin Thurlow wrote: ↑Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 pmSad news - a legend. I used to watch "Des Chiffres et Des Lettres" when I could find it on Satellite TV. The format was slightly different.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Kevin Thurlow
- Posts: 6662
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: Marcel Stellman: Countdown creator dies aged 96
Many episodes may be found here : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... es+Lettres
Thanks for that - my proudest Countdown-like moment years ago was getting a 9-letter word on DC... when the contestants and presenters missed it (and it was valid). I have watched a recent episode and the quality of the numbers games is still awesome, the French seem to be better than us.
Thanks for that - my proudest Countdown-like moment years ago was getting a 9-letter word on DC... when the contestants and presenters missed it (and it was valid). I have watched a recent episode and the quality of the numbers games is still awesome, the French seem to be better than us.
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: Marcel Stellman: Countdown creator dies aged 96
I suspect that the episode where you got the nine letter word and the contestants (Amanda Richards and Richard Max) did notKevin Thurlow wrote: ↑Wed May 05, 2021 8:30 pmMany episodes may be found here : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... es+Lettres
Thanks for that - my proudest Countdown-like moment years ago was getting a 9-letter word on DC... when the contestants and presenters missed it (and it was valid). I have watched a recent episode and the quality of the numbers games is still awesome, the French seem to be better than us.
used the letters
omethings
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess