ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?
- John Upham
- Posts: 8368
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?
An event I am running in November aspires to become one which counts for the ECF Grand Prix.
I've read https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-che ... rand-prix/ more than once and remain unclear as to how I nominate my event for the GP.
Can anyone help?
I've read https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-che ... rand-prix/ more than once and remain unclear as to how I nominate my event for the GP.
Can anyone help?
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
LawrenceCooper
- Posts: 8748
- Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 am
Re: ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?
Contacting the e-mail address on that page [email protected] would be my suggestion.John Upham wrote: ↑Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:32 pmAn event I am running in November aspires to become one which counts for the ECF Grand Prix.
I've read https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-che ... rand-prix/ more than once and remain unclear as to how I nominate my event for the GP.
Can anyone help?
- John Upham
- Posts: 8368
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?
I did more than that earlier today. I telephoned the ECF Office and was pointed to the above URL as the answer to my question was unknown.LawrenceCooper wrote: ↑Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:40 pmContacting the e-mail address on that page [email protected] would be my suggestion.John Upham wrote: ↑Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:32 pmAn event I am running in November aspires to become one which counts for the ECF Grand Prix.
I've read https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-che ... rand-prix/ more than once and remain unclear as to how I nominate my event for the GP.
Can anyone help?
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Mick Norris
- Posts: 11402
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am
- Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Re: ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?
It would appear you don;t nominate the event, it just happens automaticallyThe Grand Prix is a year-long individual competition based on rated standardplay and rapid congresses played in England and restricted to Direct Members of the Federation at Silver, Gold & Platinum levels (Junior included). All open congresses rated by the ECF are included, provided their rating results reach the ECF within one month of the last day of the congress (and in any case no later than 20th July). Leagues, knockouts, invitational events, team competitions, internal club competitions and matches are not included.
Any postings on here represent my personal views
- John Upham
- Posts: 8368
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?
Mick Norris wrote: ↑Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:02 pmIt would appear you don;t nominate the event, it just happens automaticallyThe Grand Prix is a year-long individual competition based on rated standardplay and rapid congresses played in England and restricted to Direct Members of the Federation at Silver, Gold & Platinum levels (Junior included). All open congresses rated by the ECF are included, provided their rating results reach the ECF within one month of the last day of the congress (and in any case no later than 20th July). Leagues, knockouts, invitational events, team competitions, internal club competitions and matches are not included.
Does this mean I can advertise and promote my event as being a constituent event of the ECF Grand Prix without asking anyone?
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
David Sedgwick
- Posts: 5252
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:56 pm
- Location: Croydon
- Contact:
Re: ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?
Mick Norris wrote: ↑Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:02 pmIt would appear you don't nominate the event, it just happens automatically.
I know little about this.John Upham wrote: ↑Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:07 pmDoes this mean I can advertise and promote my event as being a constituent event of the ECF Grand Prix without asking anyone?
However, the way that I read it is that, when you submit your event for the ECF calendar, it will be shown as part of the Grand Prix if it qualifies for inclusion.
Once you have checked its status in the calendar, you can advertise and promote it accordingly.
- John Upham
- Posts: 8368
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Grand Prix event inclusion?
It turns out that my event is no eligible as although it is an open event it is a junior open event and there is no ECF Youth Grand Prix in 2022.
This is according to the DoHC.
This is according to the DoHC.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess