WORLD CUP!!!
- Ben Purton
- Posts: 1634
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 am
- Location: Berks
WORLD CUP!!!
Considering the election was allowed , Who do people like in the world cup.
I am a big fan of England @ 7/1
and Serbia @ 80/1 as my outsider
I am a big fan of England @ 7/1
and Serbia @ 80/1 as my outsider
[i]I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night[/i] - Bill Hicks
- Gareth Harley-Yeo
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 pm
- Location: Wales
- Contact:
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
Throwing your money away with England mate.Ben Purton wrote: I am a big fan of England
I've always enjoyed watching/supporting Spain, Portugal and Holland at the world cup (as I never have my own country there to support
But I have a feeling Brazil or France may win it again even though they're not playing that well.
Last edited by Gareth Harley-Yeo on Thu May 27, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Ben Purton
- Posts: 1634
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 am
- Location: Berks
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
ITS ALL ABOUT ENGLAND. ITS OUR TIME
[i]I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night[/i] - Bill Hicks
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
I have had them for a while:
Selection Selection Details Result
1 International Outrights
World Cup Odds
World Cup 2010
11th of Jun 2010 2:00 pm
Outright Betting
England @ 11/2
Selection Selection Details Result
1 International Outrights
World Cup Odds
World Cup 2010
11th of Jun 2010 2:00 pm
Outright Betting
England @ 11/2
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
Carl Hibbard
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
- Rob Thompson
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm
- Location: Behind you
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
My favourites have to be Holland or the Czech Repulic, but i wouldn't mind if Spain won either
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.
- IM Jack Rudd
- Posts: 5178
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 am
- Location: Bideford
- Contact:
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
Betting on the Czech Republic might not be the wisest of moves.
For those who are interested, World Cup Twatball, run by a friend of mine, will be starting soon. Like Fantasy Football, only not quite.
For those who are interested, World Cup Twatball, run by a friend of mine, will be starting soon. Like Fantasy Football, only not quite.
-
Tim Spanton
- Posts: 1403
- Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 am
- Contact:
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
No European team has ever won outside of Europe.
Only one American team (Brazil) has won outside of the Americas.
Ipso facto, the winner will be Brazil...or one of the African countries (but I wouldn't put money on it).
Only one American team (Brazil) has won outside of the Americas.
Ipso facto, the winner will be Brazil...or one of the African countries (but I wouldn't put money on it).
-
Alan Walton
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:33 pm
- Location: Oldham
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
This is true, but previously all tournaments outside Europe have been in the northern hemisphere, slap bang in the middle of very hot summersTim Spanton wrote:No European team has ever won outside of Europe.
The weather is South Africa will be very similar to a mild Autumn, and evening matches may be dipping below zero in some areas (especially Rustemberg)
There is going to be a very good chance that a European team will be more suited than normal to win away from Europe this time
-
Tim Spanton
- Posts: 1403
- Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 am
- Contact:
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
Apart from those in South America, of course ... but point takenAlan Walton wrote:This is true, but previously all tournaments outside Europe have been in the northern hemisphere, slap bang in the middle of very hot summersTim Spanton wrote:No European team has ever won outside of Europe.
The weather is South Africa will be very similar to a mild Autumn, and evening matches may be dipping below zero in some areas (especially Rustemberg)
There is going to be a very good chance that a European team will be more suited than normal to win away from Europe this time
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
Czech Republic would do well to win, considering they haven't qualified.Rob Thompson wrote:My favourites have to be Holland or the Czech Repulic, but i wouldn't mind if Spain won either
If England can't win it, I don't mind who wins as long as it's not Cote d'Ivoire. Can't stand Drogba.
Spain favourites by a mile, but never underestimate the Germans...
- Rob Thompson
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm
- Location: Behind you
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
I never said i expected them to win, just that i liked them 
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.
-
Andrew Camp
- Posts: 508
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 am
- Location: Colwyn Bay
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
Anyone that understands betting will know that 7/1 is a terrible price for England winning the WC, never mind 11/2!!!!!!
Get an account on Betfair and LAY England at these odds. I did this for many tournaments over the years.
They simply will not win and deep down you all know it.
Get an account on Betfair and LAY England at these odds. I did this for many tournaments over the years.
They simply will not win and deep down you all know it.
Chairman of North Wales Junior Chess Association
[email protected]
[email protected]
- Ben Purton
- Posts: 1634
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 am
- Location: Berks
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
"Many" tournaments over the "years"
Yep betfair, been around since 1966...... Was Mr Black even born in 1966 I wonder.
Yep betfair, been around since 1966...... Was Mr Black even born in 1966 I wonder.
[i]I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night[/i] - Bill Hicks
-
Andrew Camp
- Posts: 508
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 am
- Location: Colwyn Bay
Re: WORLD CUP!!!
World Cup 02, 06
Euros: 00, 04
Euros: 00, 04
Chairman of North Wales Junior Chess Association
[email protected]
[email protected]