1880s BCMs
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
1880s BCMs
A number of 1880s era BCM bound volumes are to be auctioned at
http://www.chesslund.com/search.asp?sea ... archtype=2
I'm very tempted by the 1881 one I must admit!
http://www.chesslund.com/search.asp?sea ... archtype=2
I'm very tempted by the 1881 one I must admit!
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Neil Blackburn
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:47 pm
Re: 1880s BCMs
Less exciting for most I know, but the Zagorovsky postcard caught my eye.
-
John Townsend
- Posts: 1415
- Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:26 pm
Re: 1880s BCMs
John, as the 1881 edition can be viewed on-line currently on Google Books, it seems hard to justify paying 450 euros for it, except as a collector's item. My very small working library doesn't allow such luxuries!
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: 1880s BCMs
I aim to have every bound volume from 1881 to 2015 and am almost there.John Townsend wrote: ↑Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:33 amJohn, as the 1881 edition can be viewed on-line currently on Google Books, it seems hard to justify paying 450 euros for it, except as a collector's item. My very small working library doesn't allow such luxuries!
From 2016 onwards I have had the official BCM book binder bind them privately despite BCM giving up on BVs. Another reason for my departure!
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Paul Heaton
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:26 am
Re: 1880s BCMs
No second rate cordex for you then!John Upham wrote: ↑Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:41 am
From 2016 onwards I have had the official BCM book binder bind them privately despite BCM giving up on BVs. Another reason for my departure!
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: 1880s BCMs
I have many of the same year also in Cordex binders to facilitate scanning plus a large number of the same volumes as loose copies. Slightly sad, I concede.Paul Heaton wrote: ↑Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:12 pmNo second rate cordex for you then!John Upham wrote: ↑Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:41 am
From 2016 onwards I have had the official BCM book binder bind them privately despite BCM giving up on BVs. Another reason for my departure!
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Paul Heaton
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:26 am
Re: 1880s BCMs
You going toe to toe with Nigel Short in the auction?John Upham wrote: ↑Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:49 amA number of 1880s era BCM bound volumes are to be auctioned at
http://www.chesslund.com/search.asp?sea ... archtype=2
I'm very tempted by the 1881 one I must admit!
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: 1880s BCMs
I know Nige' is also attempting to complete his collection.
I'll let him go first: age before beauty and all that jazz!
I'll let him go first: age before beauty and all that jazz!
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess