The British Chess Forum
- Gerard Killoran
- Posts: 1311
- Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:51 am
- Contact:
The British Chess Forum
The latest (September) edition of the BCM is promoting a rival to this wonderful site - and it's called the British Chess Forum.
You can find it here https://www.britishchessforum.com/
I'd advise you to steer clear of the Politics and Philosophy section, as it contains one of the most eyebrow-raising posts on the subject of racism I've ever seen. Most moderators would hit the delete button pretty sharpish after reading a few lines, but in this case it appears to be written by the moderator.
You can find it here https://www.britishchessforum.com/
I'd advise you to steer clear of the Politics and Philosophy section, as it contains one of the most eyebrow-raising posts on the subject of racism I've ever seen. Most moderators would hit the delete button pretty sharpish after reading a few lines, but in this case it appears to be written by the moderator.
A 'miserable worm' - Nigel Short
-
Roger de Coverly
- Posts: 22652
- Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm
Re: The British Chess Forum
From one of the postsGerard Killoran wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:56 amMost moderators would hit the delete button pretty sharpish after reading a few lines, but in this case it appears to be written by the moderator.
AlanLlewellyn
4 days ago
Dont feel these are unsolicited requests for support, they are fully endorsed by me(the webmaster)
-
Nick Ivell
- Posts: 1471
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:33 pm
Re: The British Chess Forum
I am all for variety but somehow I cannot see this new site catching on, although I have to accept that this place lacks the vivacity of old.
-
Simon Brown
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm
- Location: Quarndon, Derbyshire, if not in Costa Calida, Spain
Re: The British Chess Forum
It appears to have one prominent member who some on here may remember…
- John Upham
- Posts: 8368
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: The British Chess Forum
Oh yes. A name to forget more likely.Simon Brown wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:51 pmIt appears to have one prominent member who some on here may remember…
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- John Upham
- Posts: 8368
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: The British Chess Forum
Presumably this thread:Gerard Killoran wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:56 am
I'd advise you to steer clear of the Politics and Philosophy section, as it contains one of the most eyebrow-raising posts on the subject of racism I've ever seen. Most moderators would hit the delete button pretty sharpish after reading a few lines, but in this case it appears to be written by the moderator.
Racism is evil yet understandable
I will inform the owners (Stephen Lowe and Shaun Taulbut) of BCM in case they are not aware of what they are promoting.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Kevin Thurlow
- Posts: 6657
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: The British Chess Forum
"I will inform the owners (Stephen Lowe and Shaun Taulbut) of BCM in case they are not aware of what they are promoting."
Please tell us if you find signs of awareness.
Please tell us if you find signs of awareness.