Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
The combined might of Jack Rudd, myself, some of the control team, and Sean Hewitt failed to help construct the following games. If any of the following could help supply a PGN of the game (e-mailed to [email protected]), it'd be useful.
All games are in Division 1.
Round 3
Pinter-Mladenov (Cambridge University 1 v e2e4.org.uk 1)
Pert-Collinson (WGHK 1 v Barbican 2)
Round 4
Rose-Zhou (e2e4.org.uk 1 v Oxford 1)
Jirka-Parker (ADs v Barbican 4NCL 1)
As yet, these are all I have come across. Help would be appreciated; I'll e-mail the relevant captains this notice directly, but this might catch the players directly!
All games are in Division 1.
Round 3
Pinter-Mladenov (Cambridge University 1 v e2e4.org.uk 1)
Pert-Collinson (WGHK 1 v Barbican 2)
Round 4
Rose-Zhou (e2e4.org.uk 1 v Oxford 1)
Jirka-Parker (ADs v Barbican 4NCL 1)
As yet, these are all I have come across. Help would be appreciated; I'll e-mail the relevant captains this notice directly, but this might catch the players directly!
Last edited by Alex Holowczak on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
The power of the forum works its magic: I now have a copy of Rose-Zhou!
-
LozCooper
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
Isn't Sean one of the captains?Alex Holowczak wrote:The combined might of Jack Rudd, myself, some of the control team, and Sean Hewitt failed to help construct the following games. If any of the following could help supply a PGN of the game (e-mailed to [email protected]), it'd be useful.
All games are in Division 1.
Round 3
Pinter-Mladenov (Cambridge University 1 v e2e4.org.uk 1)
Pert-Collinson (WGHK 1 v Barbican 2)
Round 4
Rose-Zhou (e2e4.org.uk 1 v Oxford 1)
As yet, these are all I have come across. Help would be appreciated; I'll e-mail the relevant captains this notice directly, but this might catch the players directly!
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
Yes, that's why he was there. I asked him to help solve the Pinter-Mladenov problem, but he was beaten (but had managed to get further through the game than we had before). He said he'd get Mladenov to either come to the office or send a copy of the game; I felt a reminder here wouldn't hurt...
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
I now have a copy of Pert-Collinson.
- Joey Stewart
- Posts: 2173
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:35 pm
- Location: All Of Them
- Contact:
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
Were there any very exciting games you happened to see while imputting this weekend?
Any opinions expressed will not be held to account.
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
In my defence, I had a game to prepare forAlex Holowczak wrote:Yes, that's why he was there. I asked him to help solve the Pinter-Mladenov problem, but he was beaten (but had managed to get further through the game than we had before).
I've emailed Iliyan so hopefully can get you a pgn. Failing that, send me a scan of the scoresheets and I'll have a proper crack. I've never failed to decipher a scoresheet yet!
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
I was mainly focussing on Division One games, so anything brilliant in them will have passed me by. There were one or two crushes in Division Three, but you'll have to wait a while for those, I'm afraid...Joey Stewart wrote:Were there any very exciting games you happened to see while imputting this weekend?
My game against Pepe Vives was pretty interesting for the first 20 moves or so. If anyone saw me wandering about at about ten-past-two on Saturday, laughing to myself, play through the first 7 moves of my game and you'll find out why.
- Rob Thompson
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:03 pm
- Location: Behind you
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
Another indecipherable game: Simmons - Hopkins (round 3, Channel Isolani - Anglian Avengers 2)
It's only the final few moves i'm unable to work out though
It's only the final few moves i'm unable to work out though
True glory lies in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.
- John Upham
- Posts: 8384
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
For the endgame enthusiasts out there I suggest you look at McCullough - Foley for a very interesting ending.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9326
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
Thanks Sean
-
John Sargent
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:18 pm
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
I happen to have a souvenir copy of a scoresheet (between two titled players no less, at an e2e4 event!) that I guarantee no human, machine or functional life-form can decipher if you're up for a challenge!Sean Hewitt wrote:In my defence, I had a game to prepare forAlex Holowczak wrote:Yes, that's why he was there. I asked him to help solve the Pinter-Mladenov problem, but he was beaten (but had managed to get further through the game than we had before).![]()
I've emailed Iliyan so hopefully can get you a pgn. Failing that, send me a scan of the scoresheets and I'll have a proper crack. I've never failed to decipher a scoresheet yet!
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
If it's one of my events, chances are I've already deciphered it! What was the game?John Sargent wrote:I happen to have a souvenir copy of a scoresheet (between two titled players no less, at an e2e4 event!) that I guarantee no human, machine or functional life-form can decipher if you're up for a challenge!Sean Hewitt wrote:In my defence, I had a game to prepare forAlex Holowczak wrote:Yes, that's why he was there. I asked him to help solve the Pinter-Mladenov problem, but he was beaten (but had managed to get further through the game than we had before).![]()
I've emailed Iliyan so hopefully can get you a pgn. Failing that, send me a scan of the scoresheets and I'll have a proper crack. I've never failed to decipher a scoresheet yet!
-
John Sargent
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:18 pm
Re: Indecipherable games (January 15/16)
Gutted - I just looked through my chess folder and I must have accidentally thrown it out at some point!Sean Hewitt wrote: If it's one of my events, chances are I've already deciphered it! What was the game?