July Rating List for English girls

National developments, strategies and ideas.
LozCooper

July Rating List for English girls

Post by LozCooper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 am

England (Active players) Only Girls born 1992 or later

Name Rating B-Year

Hoare, Amy B 1964 1996
Messam-Sparks, Lateefah 1962 1992
Dines, Sheila J 1889 1993
Thilaganathan, Jessica 1892 1992
Jain, Radha 1879 1996
Stepanyan, Astghik 1808 1994
York-Andersen, Anna 1787 1992
Wang, Xingliang Anna 1735 1999
Wang, Maria 1728 1996
Foster, Chantelle L 1727 1996
Shepherd, Katherine 1668 1997

Alan Burke

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Alan Burke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 am

Could a list also be posted for all the juniors instead of just this one particular section of them ?

LozCooper

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by LozCooper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:52 am

Alan Burke wrote:Could a list also be posted for all the juniors instead of just this one particular section of them ?
It already has: http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3231 although if you mean every single junior on the rating list then I acknowledge the list is incomplete :oops:

Alan Burke

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Alan Burke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 am

Loz - you answer is acknowledged but no, I didn't mean every single junior. Perhaps to save confusion, the first post here could also have been put on that thread (ie July ratings) instead of just a special one for one section of the community - just a suggestion and not trying to being critical for the sake of it !!!

LozCooper

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by LozCooper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 am

Alan Burke wrote:Loz - you answer is acknowledged but no, I didn't mean every single junior. Perhaps to save confusion, the first post here could also have been put on that thread (ie July ratings) instead of just a special one for one section of the community - just a suggestion and not trying to being critical for the sake of it !!!
It's the same format I've used for each rating list since I started publishing the junior ratings. If you're saying I shouldn't single out juniors or women then I can stop doing it but others find the information useful so I see no reason not to carry on.

Alan Burke

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Alan Burke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:14 am

Loz - Did I ever say anything about not doing as you already are, so please don't try and make something out a situation that doesn't exist.

There was a thread about the girls' list - I simply asked a question which you answered and I then made a suggestion so that every list could be viewed at the same time. What's your problem with that ?

LozCooper

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by LozCooper » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

Alan Burke wrote:Loz - Did I ever say anything about not doing as you already are, so please don't try and make something out a situation that doesn't exist.

There was a thread about the girls' list - I simply asked a question which you answered and I then made a suggestion so that every list could be viewed at the same time. What's your problem with that ?
You may know what you mean by singling out sections of the community but I don't. To me both junior and women are groups within chess that I try and support along with adults. I have provided information for people to view and interpret in any way they wish. I have no problem and am circulating information, I do find it tiresome though that you seek to steer every thread off course into petty squabbles.

Paul Sanders
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Paul Sanders » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:44 am

It's very easy for anyone to look at the FIDE database on the ratings website and do whatever slices and dices they wish.

A simple thank you for the work done is I think more appropriate than asking Loz to do work that people can't be bothered to do themselves.

Alan Burke

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Alan Burke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Loz Cooper .. You put the women's list in the 'Womens' chess' section of this forum, so what would be wrong in putting the girls' list in that same section ?

You do seem to have a complex that anyone who dares to suggest something other than what you believe is trying to undermine you and complaining just for the sake of it. That was not the case, but I doubt you will believe that.

Mike Truran
Posts: 2428
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm
Contact:

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Mike Truran » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 pm

For heaven's sake, don't be so bloody argumentative!!!!

Sean Hewitt

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Alan Burke wrote:You do seem to have a complex that anyone who dares to suggest something other than what you believe is trying to undermine you and complaining just for the sake of it. That was not the case, but I doubt you will believe that.
Alan Burke....You seem to have a knack of causing an argument where none should be possible. You come across, even if unintentionally, as a whinger extraordinaire.

If you want to see additional information posted on this forum, why not simply undertake to post it yourself?

Alan Burke

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Alan Burke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 pm

I see the cavalary has arrived with their usual postings of insults against anyone who dares not to 'toe the line' and agree with their own ideas.

My first posting in here simply asked for a list of other juniors besides females. Having got a reply from Loz Cooper, I then just made a suggestion, with Loz Cooper then wrongly commenting that I was trying to prevent him from issuing seperate lists for juniors and women.

However, as with the current discussion in another thread regarding the coaching at the British Championships, anyone who dares to give an alternative point of view is told they are just being argumentative for the sake of it and branded as someone who doesn't appreciate all the hard work that is being done. Just because many people do such important tasks doesn't mean they are infalable and their actions shouldn't be questioned at times.

Sean Hewitt - I note that on many occasions you also whinge in this forum about various aspects of the ECF; why is that any different to me asking my original question in this thread ?

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 9326
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Alan Burke wrote:I see the cavalary has arrived with their usual postings of insults against anyone who dares not to 'toe the line' and agree with their own ideas.
They're doing so because it's a rating list. It's about as controversial as stating that grass is green.
Sean Hewitt wrote:Sean Hewitt - I note that on many occasions you also whinge in this forum about various aspects of the ECF; why is that any different to me asking my original question in this thread ?
Because Sean whinges about ECF-related stuff, which is often of importance to every chessplayer in the country.

By contrast, this is a rating list...

Alan Burke

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Alan Burke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Alex H ... Is a rating list not important to most (if not everyone) of the chessplayers in the country ?

How exactly was it so controversial of me to ask where the other junior list was and then suggest an alternative thread where they all could be viewed ?

Alex Holowczak
Posts: 9326
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: July Rating List for English girls

Post by Alex Holowczak » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Alan Burke wrote:Alex H ... Is a rating list not important to most (if not everyone) of the chessplayers in the country ?

How exactly was it so controversial of me to ask where the other junior list was and then suggest an alternative thread where they all could be viewed ?
People are quite happy to take a rating list for what it is.

It wasn't controversial to ask what you asked. It was just unnecessary.

Let's leave it now...

Post Reply