Absence

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Nigel Wright
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England
Contact:

Absence

Post by Nigel Wright » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:33 pm

My apologies for being away from the forum for so long - I had no idea what the new link was until I (by chance) was checking out a friend's chess blog and saw the new link! :)


Would it be possible for someone to give me a quick update on what has been going on for the last 5/6 months, (major issues etc.), what's new, and any new faces worth mention...?


Thanks :D
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

User avatar
Nigel Wright
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England
Contact:

Re: Absence

Post by Nigel Wright » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:01 am

anybody?

oh well, merry christmas and a happy new year to you all :)
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 6135
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: Absence

Post by Carl Hibbard » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:06 am

Hello again - you will have to have a good read to catch up I am afraid...

The numbers of people and posts has increased...

The Chess for Schools project is in exactly the same place as it was when you left....

Etc.

As I said keeping reading

Happy new year!
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

Peter Turner
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Absence

Post by Peter Turner » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:26 am

Good morning Carl

I'm amazed by the amount of time you devote to keeping the Forum running. The exchange of opinions & information certainly helps us to have some idea of what is/is not going on. The Forum would get my vote for 'website of the year'. My wish for the New Year is that the ECF Board realise the error of the banning decision and reinstate. I may have a second wish just in case!!

Thanks for all your work on our behalf.

Sincere best wishes for the New Year.

Peter T

PS Nigel, I don't think it is possible to summerise - happy reading!!

User avatar
Nigel Wright
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England
Contact:

Re: Absence

Post by Nigel Wright » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:32 am

Carl Hibbard wrote:Hello again - you will have to have a good read to catch up I am afraid...
oh dear :(
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

User avatar
Greg Breed
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:30 am
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks, UK
Contact:

Re: Absence

Post by Greg Breed » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi Nigel, good to see you on the forums again.

You've missed more than just 5 months worth. We've crammed in 15 years worth since you've been gone. I can't even summarise the summary without taking several hours from my day!! Good luck catching up :|
Hatch End A Captain (Hillingdon League)
Controller (Hillingdon League)

User avatar
Nigel Wright
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England
Contact:

Re: Absence

Post by Nigel Wright » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:40 am

Right, I think I'm just gonna not read it all, and pretend that I have, and then blag my way through if any issues arise as a result :wink:

What with all my uni work (ha! like that's gonna happen!), and all the job searching (getting drunk daily), and driving lessons (playing GTA IV on the PS3), and getting fit again (phoning the kebab shop - lifting the phone is exercise!), I just don't have the time to read it all anyway! :D
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Post Reply