This may make us unpopular with Staffs and Warks, as they may be in a division of only 2 - I assume Notts have dropped their Open team
We may be unpopular in Div 2 with Lincs, Leics, Worcs, Derbys and Shrops too
Meh, we lose to everyone anyway...Mick Norris wrote:We may be unpopular in Div 2 with Lincs, Leics, Worcs, Derbys and Shrops too
They did what?!michele clack wrote:Well at the Worcester meeting the other day Worcs decided, having picked up a very good top board over the summer and having a bunch of rapidly improving juniors, to have a go in Div 1 of the Open. So that should even up the numbers a bit.
Good luck with that - who is you board 1 or is that a secret?michele clack wrote:Well at the Worcester meeting the other day Worcs decided, having picked up a very good top board over the summer and having a bunch of rapidly improving juniors, to have a go in Div 1 of the Open. So that should even up the numbers a bit.
On the bright side, they'll qualify for the national stages!Alex Holowczak wrote:They did what?!michele clack wrote:Well at the Worcester meeting the other day Worcs decided, having picked up a very good top board over the summer and having a bunch of rapidly improving juniors, to have a go in Div 1 of the Open. So that should even up the numbers a bit.![]()
At the AGM, there was a very real possibility of us not entering the Open at all this season, and instead entering the Under 180. Given we've finished last in Division Two for the last two seasons, I don't really know how they decided we were good enough for Division One!
Ah well, at least I've got an excuse now when I lose.
This is true. I guess we might even reach the Quarter Finals if we draw Yorkshire in the Preliminary Round - they've got more chance of defaulting than any other county based on recent evidence.Sean Hewitt wrote:On the bright side, they'll qualify for the national stages!
Worcestershire are b****red thenmichele clack wrote: I suspect that Alex H is also down as a rapidly improving younger player with a lot expected of him.