e2e4 Vacancy
-
Sean Hewitt
e2e4 Vacancy
e2e4 Chess are looking for someone to attend the Gatwick International 26-30 October to act as games inputter. A fee s payable and accommodation at the Crowne Plaze Gatwick is provided. We would also be able to offer the person the opportunity to arbit and obtain a FIDE arbiter norm if that was of interest.
Please PM or email [email protected] if interested.
Please PM or email [email protected] if interested.
-
Alex Holowczak
- Posts: 9321
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 pm
- Location: Oldbury, Worcestershire
- Contact:
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
Just don't do too good a job. ;(
-
Jonathan Bryant
- Posts: 3452
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 3:54 pm
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
Have PMd you.
The Abysmal Depths of Chess: https://theabysmaldepthsofchess.blogspot.com
-
andrew martin
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
This is an unusual request addressed to Sean.
Several young players who will be going to the World Youth in Brazil are playing at Gatwick. If they make themselves known to you, can you withold publishing their games on the Internet until the World Youth is over?
I know how efficient your system is. I was shocked analysing some games from Sunningdale last night with one of the lads who is going, just how quickly information is available these days.
I don't want to give potential opponents in Caldas Novas any advantages whatsoever.
Just let me know if this is possible.
Thanks, Andrew
Several young players who will be going to the World Youth in Brazil are playing at Gatwick. If they make themselves known to you, can you withold publishing their games on the Internet until the World Youth is over?
I know how efficient your system is. I was shocked analysing some games from Sunningdale last night with one of the lads who is going, just how quickly information is available these days.
I don't want to give potential opponents in Caldas Novas any advantages whatsoever.
Just let me know if this is possible.
Thanks, Andrew
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
Hi Andrew,
My initial reaction was no problem, anything to help the national team. However, I then thought about the practical implications. We publish games round by round and if the games of certain players are missing they would have an advantage in the Gatwick event over players whose games are being published because of preparation. So I then thought that we could just not publish the games from Gatwick at all until after the event and realised that this would be detrimental to all the players who now expect us to publish the games in a timely fashion!
So, how about we publish the games at Gatwick round by round which allows the players to access them for use in the event but, at the end of the event, we remove them from the web until after the World Youth, and don't submit to twic etc until then? Then, the only way opponents could then get them is if they downloaded them during the event which seems unlikely.
Good enough?
My initial reaction was no problem, anything to help the national team. However, I then thought about the practical implications. We publish games round by round and if the games of certain players are missing they would have an advantage in the Gatwick event over players whose games are being published because of preparation. So I then thought that we could just not publish the games from Gatwick at all until after the event and realised that this would be detrimental to all the players who now expect us to publish the games in a timely fashion!
So, how about we publish the games at Gatwick round by round which allows the players to access them for use in the event but, at the end of the event, we remove them from the web until after the World Youth, and don't submit to twic etc until then? Then, the only way opponents could then get them is if they downloaded them during the event which seems unlikely.
Good enough?
-
andrew martin
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
Yes, I can see the problem. That solution sounds good, so thank you in advance.
Andrew
Andrew
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
It'll cost you though. I have a small trophy that was won by a South African girl who will be playing in the World Youth's in Brazil. If only I knew someone who was going there too, they could take it and give it to her for me.andrew martin wrote:Yes, I can see the problem. That solution sounds good, so thank you in advance.
- David Shepherd
- Posts: 938
- Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:46 pm
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
What are the rules re submission to FIDE - they seem to appear on there website quickly too.
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
There are no rules about the time frame for submitting the pgn file - they certainly do not have to go in at the same time as the FIDE rating report for example. They currently appear online quickly because we send them in quickly. We can send them in less quickly for GatwickDavid Shepherd wrote:What are the rules re submission to FIDE - they seem to appear on there website quickly too.
-
andrew martin
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
Jovanka will be at Gatwick coaching some of the girls who are going. I'm sure any of them or their parents would be happy to take the trophy and I'll make sure when we in Brazil that it gets to the right person. Just PM me the name of the recipient.
Many thanks.
Many thanks.
- Christopher Kreuzer
- Posts: 10973
- Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 am
- Location: London
Re: e2e4 Vacancy
If you want to embargo online publishing until after the event, but still publish in some manner to players at the event, one possibility would be to publish on paper at the event, or password protect the files to be downloaded and give the password to the players (the latter would save more trees). Even if you only publish online at the event and then take the files down later, it is entirely possible that games will get 'out' there somehow.