http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc
Mind you, it has some good points...
From the film's web site:John McKenna wrote:Please, what is the film title and cert?
(Being of a nervous disposition I do not want to watch anything too bad.)
The premise is that the Nazis have been hanging around on the Moon since 1945 and are about to invade Earth in a fleet of flying saucers.Iron Sky is a dark science fiction comedy directed by Timo Vuorensola and will feature musical score composed by Laibach.
Surely this is the best film everIan Kingston wrote:The premise is that the Nazis have been hanging around on the Moon since 1945 and are about to invade Earth in a fleet of flying saucers.Iron Sky is a dark science fiction comedy directed by Timo Vuorensola and will feature musical score composed by Laibach.
It doesn't appear to have a certificate yet.
Iron Sky looks like it could be a pretty fun spoof movie, and now that you've brought it to my attention, I'm gonna have to watch it! Perhaps it'll make up for "Cowboys & Aliens", which didn't live up to my expectations. Should you need some kind of critical consensus then make sure that your nomination is in the same league as "awful" classics like: "Plan 9 From Outer Space", or "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" to vie for worst film of all time...John Upham wrote:My attention has been drawn to a potential contender for the worst film of all time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc
Mind you, it has some good points...
Could it be a documentary?Alex Holowczak wrote:Is this is a parody? I mean, it can't be a serious film, can it?
I really don't know what to think.
I couldn't work out whether it was a comedy or a sci-fi shooty thing. You know, the type of films that usually have aliens as the baddies, but here they're using Nazis.Adam Raoof wrote:Could it be a documentary?Alex Holowczak wrote:Is this is a parody? I mean, it can't be a serious film, can it?
I really don't know what to think.
So OK, it's a comedy. People have taken the mick out of Nazis and Hitler before. For example, the John Cleese walk in Fawlty Towers, and the YouTube parodies of Hitler's rant in Der Untergang. So this is not a new thing. But here, the concept of Nazis being at war with the world is being treated as a comedy. I think that's horrible.Description wrote:"Iron Sky, a dark scifi comedy..."
The Germans have done all they could since 1945 to disassociate themselves with Nazism. For example, they've made the site of the Fuhrerbunker appear as if no such thing ever existed. So, why is the premier in Berlin?Description wrote:...premieres February 11th at the Berlin International Film Festival.
OMG! I missed that one [adds Dead Snow to Amazon wish list immediately].Ian Kingston wrote:Must be something about those Nordic types. Iron Sky is Finnish; a few years ago the Norwegians came up with Dead Snow - Nazi zombies. Given current trends, we can probably expect to see Nazi vampires fairly soon.