London tournament announcement
-
Ian Kingston
- Posts: 1072
- Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:16 pm
- Location: Sutton Coldfield
- Contact:
London tournament announcement
This looks interesting:
London Chess Centre announces brand new super tournament in December in London
Does anyone know any more than is in the announcement above?
London Chess Centre announces brand new super tournament in December in London
Does anyone know any more than is in the announcement above?
Ian Kingston
http://www.iankingston.com
http://www.iankingston.com
-
TomChivers
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:07 pm
- Location: South London
- Contact:
Re: London tournament announcement
Nigel Short will play according to his chessgames page.
-
Leonard Barden
- Posts: 2044
- Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:21 am
Re: London tournament announcement
The 3 English will presumably be Adams, Short and Howell. Rumour is that the sponsor is a hedge fund manager or something similar.
-
Sean Hewitt
Re: London tournament announcement
I think this is excellent news and I for one offer Malcolm Pein my congratulations for putting it together.
Hope the venue is appropriate for such an event. I'm sure it will be!
Hope the venue is appropriate for such an event. I'm sure it will be!
- John Upham
- Posts: 8358
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: London tournament announcement
I sincerley hope that this tournaments raises the bar of how top level chess is presented in the UK to the public.
I hope to see new benchmarks such as we have become used to seeing at Linares, Wijk aan Zee, Corus including the famous glass player cages.
No more to elderly demo boards on rickety old easels, lives games being transmitted to the analysis room via runners on bits of paper etc etc.
A big opportunity that we should all embrace and support!
I hope to see new benchmarks such as we have become used to seeing at Linares, Wijk aan Zee, Corus including the famous glass player cages.
No more to elderly demo boards on rickety old easels, lives games being transmitted to the analysis room via runners on bits of paper etc etc.
A big opportunity that we should all embrace and support!
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Jonathan Bryant
- Posts: 3452
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 3:54 pm
Re: London tournament announcement
Aren't they all skint now?Leonard Barden wrote:Rumour is that the sponsor is a hedge fund manager or something similar.
Anyway, this is obviously good news.
The Abysmal Depths of Chess: https://theabysmaldepthsofchess.blogspot.com
-
Mike Truran
- Posts: 2427
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: London tournament announcement
Even if they're skint they're still probably in better shape than some other 'sponsors' the ECF has got itself involved with.
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6134
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
Re: London tournament announcement
Since Malcolm is a forum member lets hope he logs on and expands on the little information we have so farSean Hewitt wrote:I think this is excellent news and I for one offer Malcolm Pein my congratulations for putting it together.
Hope the venue is appropriate for such an event. I'm sure it will be!
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
Carl Hibbard
-
Jonathan Bryant
- Posts: 3452
- Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 3:54 pm
Re: London tournament announcement
I'm available tooTomChivers wrote:Nigel Short will play according to his chessgames page.
The Abysmal Depths of Chess: https://theabysmaldepthsofchess.blogspot.com
Re: London tournament announcement
Any news on this, the ECF sites says the players would be announced in April?
-
Matthew Turner
- Posts: 3617
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am
Re: London tournament announcement
Contracts (with players) are being signed now and I believe the line-up will be announced before the end of the week. Speculation (and I reiterate speculation) is that the three English players will be Adams, Short and MacShane and that Aronian will play.
-
Matthew Turner
- Posts: 3617
- Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am
Re: London tournament announcement
Lawrence,
That is the implication of the speculation!
That is the implication of the speculation!
Re: London tournament announcement
Any more news on this tournament? All sounded terrifically exciting when it was first announced, hope there aren't any problems.
- Andy Burnett
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:19 pm
- Location: Scotland
- Contact:
Re: London tournament announcement
This seems to be the most recent news - looks like a very interesting mix of styles so far.
http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic.html#london09
http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic.html#london09