I'm sure that a volunteer would be gratefully received.
ECF Press Office.
-
Chris Majer
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:29 pm
Re: ECF Press Office.
About eight years we had a Publicity Director. When he retired, we appointed a Marketing Director with the intention that he would appoint a Publicity Officer as part of his team. As far as I can remember he never found anybody and since then no one has ever been found.
I'm sure that a volunteer would be gratefully received.
I'm sure that a volunteer would be gratefully received.
Chris Majer
ECF Chief Executive
ECF Chief Executive
- Nigel Wright
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm
- Location: Derbyshire, England
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Office.
Now wouldn't that be nice... but where would we find one of those, is the question, unfortunatelyChris Majer wrote:I'm sure that a volunteer would be gratefully received.
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.
I Drink therefore I am.
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
I Drink therefore I am.
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
- Greg Breed
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:30 am
- Location: Aylesbury, Bucks, UK
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Office.
Give me a laptop, a broadband connection and a brief and I'll volunteer. 
Oh, and a motorbike would be nice
Oh, and a motorbike would be nice
Hatch End A Captain (Hillingdon League)
Controller (Hillingdon League)
Controller (Hillingdon League)
- John Upham
- Posts: 8378
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Office.
An open question to Ben Edgell :
Are you now contributing content to the ECF web site (which appears under your name)?
Are you now contributing content to the ECF web site (which appears under your name)?
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- Ben Purton
- Posts: 1634
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 am
- Location: Berks
Re: ECF Press Office.
Upham, Why have you got that pic on all the websites. of me. Thats me playing for the old Slough 1 in division 1, when i was 16
[i]I love sleep, I need 8 hours a day and about 10 at night[/i] - Bill Hicks
Re: ECF Press Office.
Don't think the content's under my name, but certainly I'm contributing to the ECF Site. I missed the first week because I was away with the London Design Festival, but since then I've contacted every congress to get the results each Monday, and forwarded any results I was told about to the site. Also, I tried to do a short interview by email with each of the participants of the European Youth Championships. I only got one reply, and here's the link to it if you're interested.
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/index.ph ... &Itemid=50
Of course any suggestion's as far as gaining chess publicity are very welcome.
http://www.englishchess.org.uk/index.ph ... &Itemid=50
Of course any suggestion's as far as gaining chess publicity are very welcome.
-
Michele Clack
- Posts: 437
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:38 pm
- Location: Worcestershire
Re: ECF Press Office.
That is an interesting interview with Matthew Wadsworth Ben. He looks to be a good prospect. I hope you carry on with this and hopefully as people get used to it it will get more responses.
- John Upham
- Posts: 8378
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Office.
Ben,benedgell wrote:Don't think the content's under my name, but certainly I'm contributing to the ECF Site.
If you speak with Andrew Walker he can set you up as a Joomla user allowing you to publish items yourself.
I think Lawrence works this way?
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
LozCooper
Re: ECF Press Office.
I send my round-up to Andrew each week (normally on Tuesday after the latest TWIC is published) who then posts it to the site.John Upham wrote:Ben,benedgell wrote:Don't think the content's under my name, but certainly I'm contributing to the ECF Site.
If you speak with Andrew Walker he can set you up as a Joomla user allowing you to publish items yourself.
I think Lawrence works this way?
Lawrence
- John Upham
- Posts: 8378
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Office.
There is a facility for registered users (that are granted permission) to publish their own material. I had hoped that this was being used.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
Re: ECF Press Office.
Some good news to report. I got an email a week or so ago forwarded from Mark Rivlin, expressing an interest in helping the ECF with regards publicity. I thought it would be a great shame to turn away someone with many years experience in journalism and pr, and so offered to collaborate on the role of Publicity Officer with him. Mark accepted this offer, so as of a few days ago, we now have co- Publicity Officers. 
- John Upham
- Posts: 8378
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Office.
Ben,
When an enquiry comes to the ECF Office and this enquiry is from the media, how is it currently handled?
In other words, The ECF might have multiple Publicity Officers but does it have at least one Press Officer? If so, who is it?
When an enquiry comes to the ECF Office and this enquiry is from the media, how is it currently handled?
In other words, The ECF might have multiple Publicity Officers but does it have at least one Press Officer? If so, who is it?
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
Re: ECF Press Office.
Umm... good question. I would assume Stewart Reuben would be the person who the ECF contacts, but as I've no experience of this situation arising yet, it's purely a guess.
- John Upham
- Posts: 8378
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Office.
Ben,
Can you suggest to CG then whenever a media enquiry goes to the Office that your details are given out? The ECF web site needs updating to reflect this.
Can you suggest to CG then whenever a media enquiry goes to the Office that your details are given out? The ECF web site needs updating to reflect this.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
Re: ECF Press Office.
Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you on this, John. There is no press officer as such, but when media enquiries go to the Office, they are in the first instance forwarded to Stewart Reuben. I'd ideally like to deal with enquiries myself as part of the Publicity Officer role, but with work commitments I couldn't guarantee being available to answer them, especially if they need a response fairly swiftly.