I have searched the ECF web site to discover who, if anyone, is the ECF Press Officer.
I am none the wiser.
Can anyone enlighten me please?
John
ECF Press Officer
- John Upham
- Posts: 8382
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
ECF Press Officer
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- Carl Hibbard
- Posts: 6135
- Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
- Location: Evesham
Re: ECF Press Officer
No clue, even I get very little contact off the ECF despite running two of their web sitesJohn Upham wrote:I have searched the ECF web site to discover who, if anyone, is the ECF Press Officer.
I am none the wiser.
Can anyone enlighten me please?
John
Cheers
Carl Hibbard
Carl Hibbard
- Nigel Wright
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm
- Location: Derbyshire, England
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Officer
It wouldn't surprise me with the current turmoil that the Press Officer him/herself doesn't even know that they are the Press Officer...
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.
I Drink therefore I am.
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
I Drink therefore I am.
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
-
Stewart Reuben
- Posts: 4566
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:04 pm
- Location: writer
Re: ECF Press Officer
The Director of Marketing is Peter Wilson and fairly evidently Press Officer comes under him. However, his budget is absurdly small and it is substantially an impossible task anyway. Only Ray Keene and, to a lesser extent, Bill Hartston had any success commercial success. Robin Mackley performed the role of Press officer well.
Thus the ECF Office issues most of the press releases and does a good job.
Stewart Reuben
Thus the ECF Office issues most of the press releases and does a good job.
Stewart Reuben
- John Upham
- Posts: 8382
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: ECF Press Officer
Can I make a formal request to the powers that be :
The ECF web site should clearly state who is the ECF Press Officer.
Fingers crossed that it is not Gerry.
I'd ask Sophie to do it but she is on holiday.
John
The ECF web site should clearly state who is the ECF Press Officer.
Fingers crossed that it is not Gerry.
I'd ask Sophie to do it but she is on holiday.
John
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess