ECF Press Officer

Debate directly related to English Chess Federation matters.
Post Reply
User avatar
John Upham
Posts: 8382
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

ECF Press Officer

Post by John Upham » Fri May 09, 2008 6:52 pm

I have searched the ECF web site to discover who, if anyone, is the ECF Press Officer.

I am none the wiser.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

John
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

User avatar
Carl Hibbard
Posts: 6135
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: Evesham

Re: ECF Press Officer

Post by Carl Hibbard » Fri May 09, 2008 7:08 pm

John Upham wrote:I have searched the ECF web site to discover who, if anyone, is the ECF Press Officer.

I am none the wiser.

Can anyone enlighten me please?

John
No clue, even I get very little contact off the ECF despite running two of their web sites :?
Cheers
Carl Hibbard

User avatar
Nigel Wright
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England
Contact:

Re: ECF Press Officer

Post by Nigel Wright » Sun May 11, 2008 3:54 pm

It wouldn't surprise me with the current turmoil that the Press Officer him/herself doesn't even know that they are the Press Officer...
To Drink or not to Drink, that is the question.

I Drink therefore I am.

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Stewart Reuben
Posts: 4566
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:04 pm
Location: writer

Re: ECF Press Officer

Post by Stewart Reuben » Sun May 11, 2008 6:32 pm

The Director of Marketing is Peter Wilson and fairly evidently Press Officer comes under him. However, his budget is absurdly small and it is substantially an impossible task anyway. Only Ray Keene and, to a lesser extent, Bill Hartston had any success commercial success. Robin Mackley performed the role of Press officer well.
Thus the ECF Office issues most of the press releases and does a good job.
Stewart Reuben

User avatar
John Upham
Posts: 8382
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
Contact:

Re: ECF Press Officer

Post by John Upham » Tue May 13, 2008 10:56 am

Can I make a formal request to the powers that be :

The ECF web site should clearly state who is the ECF Press Officer.

Fingers crossed that it is not Gerry.

I'd ask Sophie to do it but she is on holiday.

John
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess :D

Post Reply