THE ECF database of ungraded players has a Suffolk junior with the surname Bye and the first-name Filler. I assume Filler Bye is an error rather than the child of arguably over-enthusiastic chess parents …
https://beauchess.blogspot.com/
Bye
-
Tim Spanton
- Posts: 1398
- Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 am
- Contact:
- Michael Farthing
- Posts: 2069
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm
- Location: Morecambe, Europe
Re: Bye
I was greatly relieved to read the contents of your post, Tim.
The title strongly ressembled something coming from those about to desert the forum in a huff!
The title strongly ressembled something coming from those about to desert the forum in a huff!
- John Upham
- Posts: 8380
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Re: Bye
Tim Spanton wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:57 pmTHE ECF database of ungraded players has a Suffolk junior with the surname Bye and the first-name Filler. I assume Filler Bye is an error rather than the child of arguably over-enthusiastic chess parents …
https://beauchess.blogspot.com/
I was rather hoping to see appearances from
AN Other
Walk Over
Dee Fault
and
For Feit
all various players in my LMS.
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
- Matt Mackenzie
- Posts: 6385
- Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 pm
- Location: Millom, Cumbria
Re: Bye
There isn't a Sue Dunham?
"Set up your attacks so that when the fire is out, it isn't out!" (H N Pillsbury)
- JustinHorton
- Posts: 10566
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am
- Location: Somewhere you're not
-
Roger Lancaster
- Posts: 2059
- Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:44 pm
Re: Bye
I have a vague recollection from many years ago of the grading community becoming rather upset when it came to light that one of the English universities - and, mercifully, I forget which one - was submitting results from games said to have been played by Moggie Catt.