I'm looking for modern treatments of the ideas involved in playing IQP positions.
I normally turn to Pachman in these situations but maybe there are good alternatives?
Can you make any recommendations?
Playing IQP type positions?
- John Upham
- Posts: 8385
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 am
- Location: Cove, Hampshire, England.
- Contact:
Playing IQP type positions?
Arbiter, Organiser, Swiss Mangler person, Rating Officer, Teacher, Coach and Photographer
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
British Chess News : britishchessnews.com
Twitter: @BritishChess
Facebook: facebook.com/groups/britishchess
-
Leonard Barden
- Posts: 2044
- Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:21 am
Re: Playing IQP type positions?
There are some suggestions, though just from the white side, in my 1980s book Play Better Chess.
- Andy Burnett
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:19 pm
- Location: Scotland
- Contact:
Re: Playing IQP type positions?
Play Better Chess is a fantastic book-the very first chess book I ever read and the main reason I got hooked on the game. Thank you Mr Barden!
Alexander Baburin's book 'Winning Pawn Structures' is devoted entirely to IQP positions. I haven't read it myself but it gets very good reviews. You can look at the Contents and view a short excerpt of it on Amazon.
Alexander Baburin's book 'Winning Pawn Structures' is devoted entirely to IQP positions. I haven't read it myself but it gets very good reviews. You can look at the Contents and view a short excerpt of it on Amazon.