Tournament Software

Discuss anything you like about chess related matters in this forum.
Post Reply
Andrew Wainwright
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Tournament Software

Post by Andrew Wainwright » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi All

Does anyone know of any free online software that I could download which helps when running tournaments? Specifically the type that would do the draws etc for the competition controller? I stress the word free as if I have to pay then I will stick with the old fashioned method of written score cards for each individual.

Cheers

Andy

Sean Hewitt

Re: Tournament Software

Post by Sean Hewitt » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm not aware of any such software of any use that is free, although there are a number of inexpensive programs that do the jobs.

Sounds like pairing cards it is I'm afraid!

William Stimpson
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Re: Tournament Software

Post by William Stimpson » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Have a look at this link:

http://www.enpassant.dk/chess/softeng.htm#TL

I have tried Vega with success though it is limited to 30 players unless you pay a licence fee.

Cheers

Will

Stewart Reuben
Posts: 4566
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:04 pm
Location: writer

Re: Tournament Software

Post by Stewart Reuben » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:04 am

If I remember correctly SwissPerfect is free. Unfortunately it is anything but perfect.
The advantage of Tournament Director is that it does the grading for you. That is imperfect though, although improving all the time and does cost money.
Stewart Reuben

User avatar
Adam Raoof
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: NW4 4UY
Contact:

Tournament Software

Post by Adam Raoof » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Andrew: SwissPerfect is now called 'League Watch', and I can highly recommend it as a flexible, intuitive and very stable program. I have used it to run international swiss tournaments, and weekend tournaments. There is a free trial, but registration is quite cheap ;-)
Adam Raoof IA, IO
Chess England Events - https://chessengland.com/
The Chess Circuit - https://chesscircuit.substack.com/

Post Reply